08. 𝑰 𝑪𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑫𝒐

JAEMIN AND JENO almost never stayed at the brunette's house

They always headed to Jeno's house instead. It was almost like an unspoken agreement. It was quite obvious that his neighborhood was much safer, and so was his house. His house was a two story, cozy home on a cul-de-sac. There were two main reasons why Jaemin loved being there: one, Jeno's mother always makes delicious snacks for them. Two, he has a pool. Who wouldn't want to be there during the hot weather of California?

Speaking of which, the two boys were outside in Jeno's backyard. The mentioned boy had already dived in it and performed flips and somersaults underwater whereas Jaemin opted for tanning, only dipping his feet in the water to keep himself cool. His hair somehow managed to stay in place perfectly all day. Not a single strand hair fell against his forehead, and the brunette didn't feel like ruining it by getting his hair wet.

The bright sun beamed harshly against their skin, although Jaemin wasn't worried. There was a large palm tree providing him shade, anyway. The boy sighs and looks up, letting the sun heat up his face. There are a few, fluffy clouds in the sky, and he tries to make shapes out of them but doesn't have enough imagination.

Jeno finally resurfaced from the water and swam towards the edge where Jaemin was sitting, scaring the younger when the water dripping from Jeno's hair landed on his body. Jeno rests his arms against the cement. His wet, muscular arms shimmer against the sunlight.

"Why don't you go into the pool?" He asks.

Jaemin rolls his eyes and points at his hair which gets a chuckle out of the older boy. "I need to tan anyway." Jaemin comments.

The older boy quirks a brow before resting his head against his arm, his legs still kicking in the cool water. "You know, you can get a tan while in the water just as easily as sitting out in the sun. It's more fun, too." He says.

Jaemin shrugs his shoulders. "Whatever." He grabs a plate of watermelon and offers one to his best friend, who takes one. "Anyway," He chomps down the piece of fruit. "For real, you have to tell me what's going on with Genevieve." Jaemin demands, a small wrinkle from frustration forming in between his eyebrows.