05. 𝑾𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝑾𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑫𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑨𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒖𝒆

JISUNG STARES EMOTIONLESS at his bed sheets, picking at the loose strings while hearing his parents faint screams at each other

JISUNG STARES EMOTIONLESS at his bed sheets, picking at the loose strings while hearing his parents faint screams at each other. Their fighting is nothing new.
Though, it does become an ear-sore after a while. He decides to get up and turn the volume of the T.V. up to the max, in attempts of blocking them out.

After fixing the volume, he glances around and noticed his fish tank.

Does it really matter if I don't feed them for a week?

He shakes his head, and pinches his skin. Sometimes, Jisung worries himself. He's always been a quiet kid, never really knowing how to express himself, or the growing darkness inside him. To be frank, no one's ever given the chance to express himself. His mother tried, but cared more about her drug addiction than him, and his father - well, he never gave a crap to begin with.

It didn't bother Jisung at first, when he was young. He found a way to express himself in his art, but as time passed by, he became unmotivated. He no longer wanted to sit at his desk forever and waste his time, drawing something that he knew no one would appreciate. Instead, he wanted to release his anger.

Then, he had that accident with the cat . . . and he's been scared of himself since.

Jisung decides not to think too hard this evening, because this will be the first night in a long time that he won't be spending the night alone with his thoughts. Instead, he finally worked up the courage and will be spending the night with Na Jaemin.

They'll be meeting in two hours, and the thought of that makes Jisung feel nervous, but he pushes that feeling away.

He couldn't figure out if he liked Jaemin or not. He wasn't used to someone being so friendly, so overbearing, and so concerned. It almost scared him. But something about the pretty brunette made him feel calm. The few times that Jisung has spent with the boy were the only times his mind kept quiet. It was relieving.

That's why he asked Jaemin to hang out.

He needed a break.

Jisung is interrupted from his thoughts when his dad barges into his room, and roughly grabs him by the arm and drags him down the stairs and into the living room, where his overweight mother is standing there, arms crossed and feet tapping impatiently.