17. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑰 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒖𝒔𝒉

note: listen to the song while reading.

After Jaemin left, the boy didn't know what to do with himself

He immediately ran into his room, and like a poor, teenage girl, he cried into his pillow. His face was red, his nose snotty as tears ran down his face uncontrollably. He felt like a waterfall, unable to control his emotions and stop them from streaming down. He's never felt so humiliated, or vulnerable in his life. He put his heart out on his sleeve just for Jaemin to take it and stomp on it, with no remorse.

Maybe he's being dramatic. Maybe he didn't see the hurt in his best friends eyes, but it didn't matter. Either way, he told Jaemin his true feelings and got rejected. His heart felt like it was resting at the pit of his stomach, and there was no way to get it back up.

He's loved Jaemin since they were kids, always being enamored by his bright smile and sparkling eyes. Jaemin was the sweetest boy he's ever met, always there for him, acting as a shoulder to cry on or a chest for support. And now . . . now he's not. He's not here. Jeno doesn't have a shoulder to cry on because he's ruined it all. Every single thing that he had is gone now.

Not just Jaemin, but also Genevieve.

He never loved her, at least not in that way, but he did love her as a friend. She's an amazing person and Jeno never wanted to hurt her. He only wanted to protect her, but clearly, things didn't go as planned.

Jeno chuckles audibly. What plan? He thought. He never really thought things through. He's never been the type of guy to make a thorough plan, he was always the type to just do it and go with the flow. Now that he thinks about it, that wasn't the smartest move for him. I mean, what was he thinking would happen if Jaemin did accept him? If he did love him back? Did Jeno just expect him to throw away everything he had to be with him? He couldn't even decipher how he could explain all this chaos to Genevieve.

Groaning, Jeno got up from his bed and walked into the bathroom, splashing his face with cold water. After patting his face dry with a soft towel, the boy found himself looking at his reflection. His eyes were puffy and red, as well as the majority of his face. His lips felt raw from bitting them so hard, and his eyelashes still held a few stray tears on them.