09. 𝑴𝒚 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

this chapter is dedicated to my friend Daisyy128. she started out as my partner in a book club but has turned into a really supportive friend! she also wanted to see some more Lana, so here you go girl! <33

 she started out as my partner in a book club but has turned into a really supportive friend! she also wanted to see some more Lana, so here you go girl! <33

"COME ON, GUYS! Get moving!" Lana hoomed, her eyebrows nearly reaching her hairline, furrowed in frustration as she watches  her team fall to the ground in exhaustion

Jaemin pants, sweat dripping everywhere. His forehead, his back, his neck. Any crevice it could, and it grossed him out. The team has been practicing for three hours nonstop, hence why everyone is on the brink of death (dramatic, but it sure feels like that).

The brunette doesn't blame their captain for making them work so hard. Afterall, the competition that they've been waiting for is today. All she wants is to do the team justice by making them win.

He watches her pace back and forth anxiously, covering her face with her hands as she tries to catch her breath as well. Lana likes to act strong, as if she never gets tired so the team doesn't become unmotivated, but Jaemin knows that isn't possible.

Forcing himself up and ignoring Genevieve's cries for him to come back and continue fanning her with his hand, he makes his way to the overwhelmed captain and places a hand on her upper back, rubbing it in a soothing way. Lana glances up and rolls her eyes, but Jaemin doesn't miss the glint of relief in them.

"You've been working hard," He says, his voice raspy. Panting and trying to catch your breath by performing, repeating and perfecting choreographies all day tends to take a toll on you. "We'll do fine." He reassures.

Lana sighs and hunches her back, letting herself relax into Jaemin's touch, "I just want to make everyone proud." She mumbles.

The brunette widens his eyes. "Who?" He exclaims, shocked. Who hasn't Lana managed to impress yet? "You already are the pride and joy of our team." He states.

The girl chuckles. "Don't forget about yourself, Nana." She comments, winking at him before taking a final deep breath and claps her hands to grab the team's attention. "Alright, that's enough rest! This competition is in two hours, people. Two!" She emphasizes before continuing. "Let's get back to work!" She commands, and although everyone groans, she still skips over to the stereo, with a smile on her face. Jaemin can't help but feel better just by her energy.