Chapter 12 - Stalker Much?

At precisely 6 o'clock PM, he knocked.

"Kacie?" he called. "Dinner's ready."

I sighed, happily.

So nice to not be the one saying that...

"Be there in a minute, Dimitri," I replied.

I put down my sketchpad, and put my hair up. I walked out the door, gently closing it behind me. I went to the kitchen, and didn't see Dimitri.

"Russo?" I called. "Where you at, bro?"

"Living room," he yelled back.

I followed the sound of his voice, and found him sitting at a wooden table, already set, with hot and steaming food ready to eat.

"Dear Lord, this looks amazing!" I said, taken aback. "What is it all?"

"Just try it, maybe I'll tell you later," he replied, genuinely smiling.

Why is it that he looks so.... so young and handsome when he smiles?

I realized I was staring, and blushed.

WAIT. Blushed?? Me???

He smirked.

Well, moment ruined. I mean, like, not that there was one or anything...

"Okay," I said, trying to retain my pride. I walked over to the table and sat down. After serving myself a little from each platter, I handed Dimitri the serving utensils. "Thanks for making dinner, by the way. I usually have to."

"I know," he said, serving himself. "That's why I did it."

"Speaking of which," I said, finishing my bite. "Why did you come after me? Not some pedophile shit, right?"

He laughed.

"No. And remember," he said, eyebrow raised. "Even though I'm like 200 uears old, I've got the body of a 20 year old, because that's how old I was when I was turned."

"Wait, so that means I'm going to look 18 forever?" I asked. "Wrinkle proof?"

"Yup," he said.

"Perks of being a vampire," I said, excited. "Super-senses, super-speed, super-power, and super-wrinkle-proof-skin? Sounds pretty good to me!"

He laughed, sarcastically.

"There are downsides too, Kacie," he said. "You'll find them out soon enough."

"Off of the morbid topic, how do you know my name? I don't remember telling you," I said, confused.

"Well," he said. "Before I snack on someone, I follow them around. I need to see how popular they are, no offense, how many people actually care about them, and if there's anyone that'll look into their disappearance. I know your name, age, phono number, favorite food, address, email address, and all sorts of random things."

"Stalker!" I yelled jokingly.

"Fair enough," he said, laughing. "But soon enough, you'll be one too."

"What?"

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
Heyyo, bonus valentines day update bc I am alone and bored as hell. toodles!

heyheyhey
what do u call a fake noodle?

AN IMPASTA

-R