Chapter 13 - Silver

"I mean, like," he rolled his eyes. "You're officially a vampire, and one of the strongest I've met so far. Actually, I think it's time you met the royals."

"Actually, um, you know what?" I froze up, my confidence gone. "I, uh, don't think I'm ready."

He laughed.

"You're scared," he said.

"N-no I'm, uh, not," I said.

Very convincing, Kacie. Very.

"I'm sure," he chuckled. "You're scared to death of meeting someone of importance, like the royals."

"No, I'm not," I snapped.

He's too close, I need to get him off the topic.

"What's the plan for tomorrow?" I asked, right before he was about to speak.

"The plan?" he asked. "The plan is to meet the royals tomorrow. I mean, if you're not too scared."

I breathed in deeply, attempting to conquer the raging river of anger, and self worthlessness. I got up, and started walking towards my room.

"You're no better than you were before you turned," he sneered. "Weak, and pathetic."

I froze. He had hit a nerve, and knew it.

"Scared of anyone capable of hurting you," he said. "Too scared to meet a bunch of stuck up, idiotic assholes living in a fucking palace."

My back muscles tensed.

I can't believe he would say that to me.

I flexed my calfs.

How does he know?

I blinked back angry tears, and turned around, staring at the ground. The river of agony, pain, and anger suddenly flooded, and I clenched my jaw. The emotions fought, desperately trying to beat each other in a battle for my mind.

I looked up, as the strongest emotion overtook them all.

He froze, and his smirk dropped. He attempted to regain his composure, but his eyes said it all.

He is scared. Panicked, as he should be.

"You have five seconds to run before I kick your ass up two hundred feet, and to the surface of this God damned planet," I snarled, the anger rearing it's ugly head, and taking control.

"One," I sneered. He scrambled out of his chair.

"Kace, I didn't mean it," he said. "I'm sorr-"

"Two," I snarled.

"Please Kacie," he pleaded. "I'm sorry!"

"Three," I tilted my head up, and prepared to get the asshole in front of me as close to death a vampire could get. "You should have thought of that before you poked fun at one of my only touchy subjects. Four."

He started running, looking back at me, panic evident in his eyes.

"And you knew," I snarled. "Five."

He ran out of the room as fast as he could. I sprinted after him, shedding my sweatshirt, leaving me in leggings and a tank top. I saw him flash around the corner, and practically flew after him.

"Kacie," he yelled. "Stop!"

"It's too late," I snarled. "You're about to be as dead as you can get!"

Instinct overtook me, and I stretched my arm towards the wall. Pulling my closed fist towards myself, vines of different kind, shape, and size burst out of the wall. I channeled my thoughts towards them, and directed them towards Dimitri, who was gaping at me, still running. Poisonous vines broke out of the walls around him, trapping him in a deadly cage.

How the hell did I do that?

He frantically looked for a hole in the vines. Realizing there was no exit, he turned and faced me.

"Kacie," he gasped. "Y-y-you-"

"Are about to kick your ass?" I asked sarcastically. "Yes, yes I am."

"No," he pointed at me. "Your eyes!"

"What about them, doofus?" I sneered.

"They're, uh," he craned his neck, peering into my eyes.

He gasped.

"Silver?" he muttered. "How?"

Enough.

I ran towards him, arms pumping, heart pounding.

Once I reached him, I threw my arm out, directly into his stomach. He bent over, groaning, and I kneed his head. He fell over on to his side, and I kicked him. He grabbed my foot, and threw me towards the wall of deadly vines, and I threw my arms out, blocking my face.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

muahahahaha

i'll update again soon!

-Rae 😈