Chapter 29 - (W)hole

We landed in front of the palace, right as the gates were closing.

"We just made it," murmured Delina.

"It's not my fault you wanted to 'fly', Del," I shot back. "Let's head inside."

As I opened the door, a worried looking Dimitri, Addy, and Liam shot down the stairs. They practically jumped on me, checking for any injury.

"Are you okay?" Addy practically shouted into my ear.

"Get offa me, ya big oaf!" I pushed her away, only for her to jump back on top of me.

"Where were you?" Liam questioned, checking my body for injury.

"A place," I answered sarcastically. He rolled his eyes, but continued his search.

"I was so worried!" shouted Dimitri. "Don't you even care?! We all were!"

"Get off!" I finally shouted. They were all shoved back by an immense force field of air, and I glared at them all, especially Dimitri. "I am a free person, might I remind you, and I am allowed to have fun! I was gone for half a day, not a month! Jesus, back off a bit!"

Liam and Addy glanced down at their feet, mumbling apologies. Dimitri glared at me, and shot off, speeding through the hallways.

"What an ass," mumbled Araxie. Liam and Addy's heads shot up simultaneously, and they growled.

"Who is that?" Addy sneered. By now, Araxie had changed back into a human body.

"And why the hell is she here?" Liam's glare softened as his gaze came across me.

"Chill, guys. This is Araxie, newest member of the group," I answered. "I'll answer all of your questions tomorrow, I'm exhausted. Delina, could you find Rax a room?"

"Sure," she said, nodding.

"Okay, everyone can come and meet in my room at about noon," I said. "Is that alright?"

Everyone nodded, and we headed to our respective rooms. I opened my door, and sighed. Shutting it with my foot, I headed over to the mini kitchen, and opened the fridge.

"Hey," a pair of familiar arms wrapped around my waist. I turned around, and shoved him off. "Hey, hey, it's just me!"

"'Just me'?" I snarled. "Why the hell do you think you can touch me right now?"

"You're my girlfriend, Terra," he mumbled. "I just assumed-"

"You just assumed I'd forgotten about this morning?" I replied, angrily. "Fat chance."

He sighed.

"Also, my name is Cassandra," I mumbled. "Not Terra."

"Wha-?" he stopped himself. "Oh, never mind."

I snorted.

"I'm sorry about this morning, okay?" he angrily said, nostrils flaring.

"No, not okay!" I shouted at him. "I'm not 'okay' with you completely assuming we shouldn't be a couple because of a status change! I'm not 'okay' with the fact that my boyfriend was read to dump me, less than a day after he asked me to be his girlfriend! I'm not fucking 'okay' with the first person I've ever fully trusted to leave me behind, for the fucking sake of a family reputation! No, I'm not okay!"

He gaped at me, and I sighed.

Fucking idiot.

"Just go," I pointed at the door, and started walking towards my bedroom.