Chapter 5 - A Hole in the Ground

Flying past houses, people, and cars, we headed out of town. We stopped at the edge of the forest.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asks me quietly.

"Yeah," I whisper.

"Okay," he says. "Hold on tight, and keep your eyes closed. We'll be there soon."

This is kinda scaring me... His whole attitude about changing me is confusing.

He adjusted his grip on my legs, and took off running. I watched the trees fly past us, as if we were on a high-speed highway. I shut my eyes. After what felt like a minute, we slowed to a stop.

"We're here," he said. I slowly slid off his back and on to the ground.

"Thanks for the ride, umm," I said, realizing I didn't know his name.

"Dimitri," he said, his lips lifting into a slight smile.

"Right. Thanks for the ride, Dimitri," I said, smiling as well.

"Let's get inside," he said. "The sooner we start the transition, the better."

"Okay," I whisper, my mood dropping. He nods, and starts walking. I follow him towards what looks like a big rock.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

He reaches the rock, and smiles.

"Down," he says. He reaches down, and with one arm, lifts up the rock, revealing a hole.

"You live in a hole?" I ask, staring at him incredulously. He chuckles.

"There's a ladder down. Follow the wall, there's a tunnel to my home through this 'hole'," he says.

"Oh," I say. "Okay." I walk over to him, and the hole. "Promise you wont drop it until you're down as well?" I ask, biting my lower lip.

"Promise," he says. "I'd go down first, but you can't hold the rock up."

I roll my eyes, and reach down with my foot. I feel the ladder, and begin the climb down. Once I reach the bottom, I call up.

"I'm at the bottom!" I yell.

"Okay, I'm coming down right now. Hold on!" he yells back down. Suddenly, the rock drops, and I freeze.

"Dimitri?" I whisper, looking around at the darkness.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Bum
Bum
Buuuuuum!

lol i'll try to update soon, enjoy the quick-ish update, and the cliffy!

~R💕