Chapter 30 - Legends and Lies

"The group has been completed," I gaped. They all stared.

"What?" Addy asked.

"Um, so back to yesterday, and where I went," I started. "Del, you wanna go ahead?"

"Sure. So basically after Cass and Dimitri has their little spat, I took her down to this little place I know of in the forest," she finger quoted the word spat, and shook her head. "Araxie over here attempted to drown us, but we made friends. I had brought Cassie here because of this cave I knew about-"

"You took her to the Cave of Prophecy?!" Dimitri gasped, his eyes flickering between me and Delina. "That's forbidden!"

"I don't give a shit," she shot him a quick glare. "And you should be happy I did, asshat."

"Any way," I tried to distract the group. "There are a bunch of carvings on the walls of the cave. I touched one, and was suddenly in another realm, with a beautiful woman named Angelina."

"Angelina?" Dimitri gasped again. "The Angelina?"

"Would you kindly shut the fuck up?" Delina snarled. "I'd like to know this as well."

"Um," I paused. "She revealed my name and background to me, and then spoke in some sort of poetic form."

"A prophecy," I heard Liam whisper.

"I'm assuming so," I replied.

"Do you remember the exact words?" Addy asked.

"I think so," I murmured, thinking back on it.

"Well, get on with it," Araxie said. I let out a breath, and tried to relax. As I opened my mouth to start, I felt a slight twinge in my eye, and heard someone gasp.

"Silver?" the voice whispered.

Are my eyes silver?

"Shhhhhh," whispered another.

"In the reign of the dark one,
a new light will rise.
The dark shall run
from the silver in her eyes," I heard a surprised intake of air.

"That's her?" Araxie whispered, asking Delina. She nodded.

"The light will be lost,
but shall have five to guide,"

"That's us," I heard Liam whisper.

"By dangerous cost,
she will hitch a ride."

I heard another intake of air, but continued.

"The light will be faint,
barely alive,"

"Is this true?" I heard Delina whisper. Dimitri nodded.

"Yeah,"

"With barely a complaint,
she shall strive.
The light shall be strong,
with a horrid past,"

"That's her," he whispered.

She will right the wrong,
by darkness cast.
Her companions might suffer,
but this group has one goal.
To act as a buffer,
and find the sacred scroll."

I felt my eyes change back to their emerald green color, and my knees suddenly felt like jelly. I crumbled to the floor, but was caught by a nest of strong vines. I let out a sigh, and tried to relax. A small bush grew next to me, and ripe blueberries soon appeared.

The forest?

My eyes widened.

Thank you.

I picked the berries, and threw a handful into my mouth.

"What's going on?" asked Addy. I ignored her. Focusing on the humidity, I drew a small bubble of water from the air and drank. Once satisfied, I stood, and the berry bush shrunk back into the ground.

"Okay," I started. "I'm going to answer only a few questions, and then we have to talk about the next plan. First, though, does anyone have any idea what the sacred scroll is?"

They all replied with a nope, except for Araxie. She looked deep in thought.

"Rax?" I asked.

"Hold on, I'm thinking," she replied, furrowing her eyebrows.

"That's a first," I heard Delina murmur.

"When I was little, I was told a legend about the Scroll of Knowledge. For all that were worthy, you only had to think a question, and the scroll would display what you wanted to know. The legend told of an old castle guarded by all sort of mythical beasts, with an evil king and queen inside. They had stolen the scroll from a hidden cave somewhere, but couldn't get it to work for them. They decided that if they couldn't have it, no one could. They locked it up somewhere on their property, and it was never seen again," she said, shooting a quick glare at Delina. "That's what I remember, but I feel like I'm forgetting something."

"Thanks any way, just let us know if you remember what you're missing," I nodded at her.

"I have a question," Dimitri said. "What did this Angelina look like? Was she beautiful?"

A pang of jealousy shot through me, but I pushed it aside, lifting an eyebrow.

"Unearthly so, why?" I questioned, feigning amusement.

"Long brown hair, crystal blue eyes, perfect figure?" he asked, eyes wide. I held in my anger, and nodded.

"Yeah, why?" I asked again.

"I believe you met the goddess Angelina," he murmured, shocked.

"A goddess?" Addy gasped.

"Why you?" Liam narrowed his eyes at me. "Why were you chosen? And how do we know you aren't just faking this?"

"How the fuck am I suppose to know?" I snapped, accidentally letting a snippet of my anger through my mental barriers. "It's not like I fucking asked for this, Liam."

Addy was gaping at Liam, seemingly shocked at his rude comment. They both went silent, glaring at each other. She scoffed, and shrugged his arm off of her shoulders. She walked over to me, and stood next to me. Liam let out a low growl.

"Alright, break it up, quarreling lovebirds," Dimitri interrupted their deadly glares. Addy's eye twitched.

"Apologize, dimwit," she snarled at Liam. "It was rude and uncalled for, and you're in the wrong."

"Sorry," he muttered, rolling his eyes. Addy let out a loud growl.

"Whatever, it's fine," I mumbled.

"No, it's really not, but whatever you say," she nodded sharply at me.

"Um, I have a question," Araxie broke through the silence. I nodded gently at her. "I dunno about the rest of you, but I can't fight for shit. Are we going to do any sort of training before we leave?"

"I'm going to speak with the king and queen about this," I replied. "But I think so."

"Alright, thanks," she said.

"Going off of Araxie's story, how are we going to get to this castle?" Delina asked, ever the skeptist of the group.

Is skeptist a word?

Eh, whatever.

"By dangerous cost, we will hitch a ride," I replied, semi-quoting the prophecy. She nodded at me. "Are we good?"

Everyone gave a quick nod.

"For now," Dimitri said.

"Alright, let's head back to the palace."

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

so now what? hmm....

enjoyed it? lmk!