To Be Continued ....

"Ashton are you ok?," I gasped while trying to react as quickly as possible. I saw how he collapsed onto the floor. It was like in slow motion where time just randomly decides to freeze. He body reached the floor and it hit with a loud, thud.

Like in a movie, I too felt like I reacted too slow. It was slow, but at the same time fast. I knelt down beside him and looked at him, thinking of what exactly to do. I could feel myself panicking, panicking out of fear.

"Ashton, Ashton please hear me," I held back my tears. Why does everything happen right when everything is perfectly fine? Why now? WHY DEAR LORD????

Ashton's body was on its side, with both his arms facing one way and his eyes complete closed. I didn't even want to think of the worst possible things that could happen. I know I should've had gone to the phone moments ago, but I couldn't help and examine him.

How his hair was messed up, all over the place. Why was it all over the place? What had happened ? His shirt was sort of torn near the shoulder area with his some buttons torn out. He smelled of smoke, but also of perfume mixed together, now that I can noticed it better.

One of his pants pocket was pulled out. As if someone was robbing him and succeed.

But the one thing that caught my attention the most was his face. There was smears of dirt all on one of his cheeks and near his forehead. He had a small scratch just near the bottom of his lip.

Why hadn't I noticed this when he came just few moments ago?

What could this mean? I tried to think the best that I could, but I couldn't. Finally I got up and went for the phone. I called 911.

~

The lights of the hospital were already begin to doze me out. I rapidly blinked my eyes, trying so hard not to fall asleep for Ashton's sake.

I looked down and saw Gene fast asleep, snoring silently in his stroller. My eyes burned from the past days that I have been here. That I have been here waiting for any sign, news about what had happened to Ashton.

I tried to reminisce if anything unusual happened yesterday while he was still home. The only thing that came to mind was when Sienna frightened the hell out of me. But that was after he had left....

The images of his face came back into the back of my mind. I replayed it over and over in my head multiple times. What did the scratch and smears mean? I had absolutely no idea.

I repositioned myself in my seat when a doctor with a clipped board in his right hand began to approach me.

That is when my smile faded. It was the same doctor that once attended me. This time he wasn't as doctorly as I thought he was.

"Mrs. Irwin?," he seemed clueless that I had once seen him.

"Yes that is me," I said while standing up. He looked at me once and then back at the clip board.

"It seems your husband is somewhat injured," the pen scribbled.

"Injured? What do you mean by that? He was perfectly fine when he left to work a couple of days ago." my heart almost stopped living.

"Mrs. Irwin, did you not experience anything strange perhaps?" the clipboard went down along with his hands.

Strange? I thought back to when Ashton had left for work. Anything strange...? Hmm.

"No doctor, not a clue. Why? What is going on? Is he alright?," my words were hard to speak.

"He is fine. I was just curious because he was mumbling unusual things. I will keep you posted on how he is. Mrs. Irwin please go home and get rest. Let me know if you remember the unusual," his tone changed as he said those last 8 words.