"Just Let Me Explain!"

He kept on looking at the papers. He then went for a folder that was near the fire place. He sat in the leather chair and was speechless.

I walked towards him and on the way I gathered all the papers and folders. I didn't know how to put the papers so I just stacked them in any order.

I pulled up a small bench near him and tried to explain as calm as possible.

"Diane...what are you talking about?," he wouldn't look at me. After what we had done a few minutes ago upstairs, now it seemed like a waste. Or at least I thought so.

"This house..Ashton..a family was murdered here. I uhh knew before we even moved here..." I said slowly. His eyes brows turned into a mad expression.

"YOU knew ? And you didn't tell me? Why?," he stood up. I gulped. "Well...I wanted to but..." He cut me off. "No no, no excuses. You kept this a secret from me Diane ! You knew this whole time and didn't fucking tell me!!" His face was red.

I felt such adrenaline inside me. A mad spark that I felt was gonna ignite and explode. "I had reasons not to tell you! What was I suppose to do? Tell you and let you down? I know this house means something to you because your mom gave it you ok?," my tone rose.

"Don't bring my mom into this," he scoffed. "

I sighed heavily. "Ashton just let me explain! Ok look in those papers, there is the article about the murder. I don't know what folder, but I know I saw a glimpse of it," I would rather us solve this then fight. I didn't like that especially after what we had done.

I stood up next to him and hugged him," look let's just calm down and find it ok?" I looked up at him and kissed him. That felt so right.

He rubbed my arm," you're right I'm sorry." He let go and sat down. I gave him half a stack and I got the other. I sat back down and together looked through the stacks.

It took quiet some time, but Ashton finally found something ,"here it is. Let me read it aloud." I stopped looking and listened.

"Ok so it says This house was built in the 1800s. It was generally suppose to be for a family, the Lancelot family. It turns out they didn't like how it was arranged and sold it to the Daughtry family. They lived there for years and years. After their first month it was reported by them that they would hear strange noises at night. The police didn't take them into consideration and ignored them. So the family decided to help themselves. They started putting cameras on the corners of the walls and used different techniques. At first they found absolutely nothing. But the noises kept repeating themselves. So they paid a guy to stay awake at night so he could keep watch. In the morning they went to see the guy and it turns out he was hanged by the throat. His body was half torn out and deformed.

The family was grossed out and in such horror. Once again, they went to the police, but this time with the evidence they had. The police started finally paying attention to them and helped them out. Months and months after, the police man was killed at his office, right outside. The family found out and so they felt they were on their own now. Little by little each one in the family died. They were either hanged in unusual ways, died in their dream or died another way.

Years and years past by and to this very day, no one knows what goes on in that house. People haven't dared lived there since the Daughtry family.

It had been mentioned that there aren't any sightings in there or noises. To this day, no one even dares approach the house...not even the builders themselves..." His eyes widen.

And so it was true. That was exactly what Sienna had read to me, word for word. I got goosebumps.

"Ashton..that's exactly what Sienna read to me from this article online," I explained.