chapter one: living

TW: mention of self harm.

A young male with dark bags under his eyes opened his rigged door handle to see an older blonde male standing there holding out some envelopes for him.

"Here L/n, monthly rent and money for food. Use it wisely." The male said, emphasizing the 'use it wisely' part. The younger man scratched the back of his neck with one hand, while grabbing the envelopes in his other.

"Thanks...Erwin." He said, a few strands of his h/c hair stuck to his forehead with sweat from the nightmare he'd woken up from just 15 minutes beforehand. The older male gave him a reassuring smile as he left the front door, and M/n closed it. He let out a sigh, and began ripping open the envelopes. Placing his back to the door and sliding down to sit.

"Less than last time...though I suppose he's already stretching for me, I can't expect more from him." The e/c eyed male mumbled to himself.

Erwin has been giving M/n rationed cash to stay alive essentially. He'd been living on his own his whole life, and he was lucky Erwin was trying to help him, or he'd be living on the streets. He was doing all he could for the L/n boy, but he was only able to get the young male so much money at a time.

M/n brushed off his knees, got up, and sat on the table of his small kitchen in the small apartment style home eating a strawberry. He'd always had a thing for sweetly flavored fruits like strawberry's, raspberry's, watermelon, lemon, and cherries. He popped the small fruit into his mouth, sinking his teeth into the sweet, juicy fruit, and swallowing all of it including the stem. He let out a sigh, and went to go take a shower, as his body felt sticky with sweat.

He stripped his clothing and turned on the water, and stepped inside even though it was still cold. He didn't turn it on hot, as he didn't want the cuts on his wrists and ankles to sting. He scrubbed himself trying desperately to get as clean as possible. He felt sort of gross.

When he got out of the shower, he pulled on his uniform. He held his h/c hair back with a thin black headband.

"See ya later." He said quietly, to no one. He lived alone, but tried to make it feel less lonely.