chapter four: assasin

M/n woke up, and it was already light out. Levi appeared to be getting ready to move out of the cave already. He turned to look at M/n.

     "Your awake." He said. M/n nodded, looking over to see his maneuvering equipment was neatly set down next to him. It was definitely Levi's work. M/n's headband rested on top of his equipment. He grabbed it and slid it onto his head, pulling his h/c hair back. He then grabbed the maneuvering equipment and put it back on.

     "What's troubling you?" Levi asked, knowing something was off about M/n.

    "It's that feeling again..." M/n said uncomfortably.

    "I see...you need to relax. If we need to fight any titans on our way back, your going to need to be more focused." Levi said. M/n just nodded, trying to shake the feeling.
Levi figured that M/n just had paranoia, and Levi also knew there were things about M/n that he didn't know. But for now, he was going to keep it that way.

     •  •  •

    The two walked for miles through the thick forest, mostly in silence. Every now and then Levi would say something about how dirty M/n's shoes, or clothing was, and how he was going to clean them when they got back to where Squad Levi had been staying.

    M/n's senses were bothering him badly. He felt something was off. He'd never been so sure in his life that something was wrong and he couldn't shake the feeling, despite what Levi had said to him about focusing.

    He scratched the back of his neck, feeling cold sweat and goosebumps.

    'That's it...' M/n thought. 'over there...something's hiding.' he quickly turned the tree behind him, extending his blade and cornering whatever it was. Turns out, it was a person.

    "Wait please! Don't hurt me!" The person said as M/n's blade was only two centimeters from his neck.

     "Who are you and why were you tailing us?" M/n asked assertively. Levi was shocked. How had M/n realized someone was following them before he did?

     "I was just hired! I have nothing against you!!!" The skinny looking man said.

     "Hired by who? And to do what?" M/n asked.

     "Who do you work for?" Levi inquired.

     "I was hired to assassinate M/n L/n...I don't know what his name is but he offered me a lot of money. Quite a hefty price for your head sir! However, now that you've got me cornered I suppose there's no way I could kill you." He explained.

   "There isn't a way you could have killed M/n anyway brat, there's no possible way you could beat either of us." Levi spat.

    M/n was quite surprised that Levi wasn't keeping his cool. He was always chill. Right?

    "I know I know, I just wanted the money." The man trembled.

    "Why were you sent to kill me?" M/n asked.

    "He told me...what you are M/n."

   These words set M/n off, and he pressured the blade against the man's neck.

   "WATCH IT." He growled.

     "M/n...what is he talking about?" Levi questioned.

     "Nothing." M/n replied sternly.

     "Let's kill him."