chapter five: fears

Levi had knocked the man out, and looked at M/n, who had hatred in his eyes.

    "We can't kill him M/n...then we won't know who he was working for." He told M/n who seemed to be extremely agitated.

"Tch-" M/n grunted, lowering his weapon.

"M/n will you please tell me what's going on?" Levi asked, only to be ignored by the h/c haired male.

M/n sat down with his back to a tree stump, thinking.

'Who really wants me dead? A lot of people I suppose, but who'd resort to hiring a wimpy assassin to do it?'

"M/n this is an order from your captain, what did that man mean?" Levi asked, putting his hand in M/n's hair, and lifting his head to face him.

"No." M/n said simply. Levi gave up. He let go of the h/c hair and sat next to the taller male.

After dealing with the wimpy man, the two would be on their way back from their mission. A successful one at that. They'd found what they were looking for.

• • •

The wind blew dead leaves off of trees, and the air became chillier but the weather was beautiful. It was around fall time, and M/n was in a room cleaning for Captain Levi. He'd known Levi was a clean freak, but didn't think he'd make the whole squad clean every inch of the house.

However, Levi couldn't stop thinking. It's been a few weeks since the inconvenience on their mission, and M/n's become more distant, more closed off, and especially as of late. It's nearing the end of August and just subtle weather changes seem to be bothering M/n. He continuously checks his calendar as if anticipating a day, or he's looking at a clock, to see how much time in each day is left. It's gotten so bad to the point where M/n had began to completely stop coming to meals.

"M/n, finished cleaning?" Levi asked.

"Yeah yeah. I'm all done." M/n smiled, but it looked really forced.

'What's up with him?' Levi thought.
'He's been acting really weird. He'd usually call me shorty, or make a joke or something, but recently he's been really out of it, and actually being really nice to me. Which is really weird.'

   "Hey M/n, you should come down for dinner tonight. The whole squad's been missing you." Levi said.

  "O-oh no, it's ok. I haven't been hungry much." M/n said. Now that he mentioned this, Levi noticed M/n did look a bit feverish. He had been coughing recently too. Was he getting sick? Levi didn't know.

    "If you say so. I'll be back up here to check on you at some point, so don't do anything stupid. Also...keep this room tidy." Levi ordered.

   "Will do Captain." M/n said, though Levi could swear he saw M/n sweat drop, and his smile seemed really forced.

     'whats wrong with him?'