IV ~ The Prince

IV ~ The Prince

The second Percy's eyes locked with the princess, he knew that she was the one. Her silky blonde hair was done in a simple plait with blue ribbons criss-crossing through. She wore a sea green and blue dress seemed to be begging for her to wear all the time. Of course, she was staring intently at Percy, her stormy grey eyes calculating his every move.

Percy confidently walked to stand next to his parents. His gaze wandered to King Frederick and Queen Athena. They were both sizing him up, but he felt that Frederick was only observing him, Athena on the other hand was scrutinising him. It was like she was plucking every secret from him.

"-my son, Percy." Queen Sally finished introducing her family. Percy snapped out of his daze and nodded.

"Well then." Athena smiled warmly, yet her grey eyes held uncertainty. "This is my husband Frederick, our sons Matthew and Bobby, and our daughter Annabeth." She said.

"The wedding shall be held in two days." Poseidon declared. "We will spend the next day here, then we will leave. The wedding will be in Olympia." Percy nodded.

"Very well." Athena nodded. "Lunch will be in an hour. I will leave Annabeth and Percy to talk."

Poseidon, Sally and Ariel followed Athena out of the room. Everyone else went out until it was only Percy and Annabeth.

"So," Annabeth started after an awkward silence. "Are you comfortable with this...arrangement?" It was a simple question yet Percy couldn't answer. He was too busy taking in her beauty.

"I'm fine with it." He said. "Though I don't wish to be naughty, yet you look beautiful." Annabeth's cheeks turned crimson.

"And you're handsome." She replied easily, like she had flirted her whole life. Percy followed Annabeth throughout the castle as she showed him around. He nodded, not really paying attention. Then the hour passed and they went down to the dining chamber to have lunch.

Unexpectedly, Annabeth went up to Queen Athena and whispered something her ear. Athena nodded, calling over a servant. A moment later, a picnic rug and basket arrived and Annabeth took it. Percy followed her outside into the palace gardens where they chose a spot on a hill overlooking the gardens and spread the rug on the grass before plonking themselves down and opening the basket. Annabeth pulled out sandwiches and a jug of water which she filled up two glasses with.

The pair sat on the hill and ate lunch, talking about themselves and learning things about each other.

"Lets start with simple stuff." Annabeth decided. "What's your favourite colour?"

"Blue." Percy replied. "What's yours?"

"Grey or green. Now you ask a question."

"Do you have any friends?"

"Yes. Hazel, Piper, Thalia and Luke."
"I have Grover, Frank, Nico and Rachel."

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?"
"Um... I kissed Rachel once, but she doesn't like me. She has a crush on a prince in another kingdom."

"I've never had a boyfriend. I used to have feelings for my friend Luke, but they disappeared after I set him and Thalia up. They're happy."

"Do you like me?" Percy asked.

Annabeth blushed. She stared into his sea green eyes.

"I mean," Percy stumbled on his words. "Do I get a kiss?"

Annabeth sighed. "Ask me again later, Seaweed Brain, then we'll see."

"Seaweed Brain?" Percy asked.

"Your head is full of kelp." Annabeth replied.

"Okay then, Wise Girl." Percy smirked. They stood up and packed the picnic away before heading back to the castle.