Chapter 38

Same POV

"Eh- What?" I backed up a little, but I had only just closed the door behind me so I bumped into it. "Your eyes. They glow sometimes. Why?" Jacob stepped forward when he spoke, it's kind of scary even if he is shorter than me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I chuckled a bit but everyone stepped forward, cornering me more. "You know what I'm talking about, quit lying." I worried he was going to wake Zak so I looked back a little to show that. "Holy shit, Bad." (A/N I imagined Clay saying that... that's hot) Clay pushed through the group as Jacob grabbed my arm and pulled me; while Dylan walked behind me and pushed me.

They brought me downstairs and pushed me onto the couch. "Now, explain." Clay stood a few feet in front of me, his arms crossed and his expression stationary. I looked down.

Just kill him or something. He's worth NOTHING. - I can't kill my friend! I don't want to hurt Zak... or hurt myself. - You'll be fine. - I'm not hurting him... Maybe I can hypno him with my 'powers', ha!

"Well?" Clay tapped his fingers on his arm. "I can't do anything. They just- do that. It started a couple of years ago and my friends pointed it out. I ditched 'em and learned to control the glow. That's it." Clay got closer to me and bent down a bit.

"Fine. I believe you. Just tell us next time." I nodded and smiled a bit. "You guys wanna watch something...?" Clay looked around at everyone. (A/N Time rn is 7:56:30 pm) "Sure. Dylan?" Jacob looked down at Dylan, who nodded. "I'm still here. And sure." Dave waved his arm a bit.

"Well, I actually need to go to the store." I stood up and walked past the group. "Why?" Dave walks over to the kitchen and opens a cabinet. "Uh- Zak wants me to get him snacks because there isn't much in the house."

"Then can I tag along? I wanted to go grab some snacks as well." Dave spoke up. "Uh- No thanks. I'd rather go alone!" I backed into the front door, grabbing my shoes and frantically exiting the house. I sighed, putting on my shoes and speed-walking to my car.

"Darryl!" Oh great, it's the neighbor. "Do you wanna hang out? I haven't had much to do since there aren't a ton of people in the area." She smiled wide. "Sorry Natalia, I have things to do." I opened my car door and got in. "Oh- But, you could uh- We could hang out another day, right?" "Eh... I'll think about it, Nat."

"Great! Thanks, Darryl." She leaned into the car, most likely trying to kiss my cheek. "Uhm!- I think you should get going home!" Her smiled faded as she ran off, slamming her front door behind her. I turned on my car, backing out of the driveway.

Gosh, that bitch is annoying. Oops- Eh, whatever. Shoot! Was that red!? I don't think so, people are going now. Hopefully I can make it to the store without getting pulled over.

I chuckled to myself, turning the corner and into the parking lot of the store.

2 minutes later

I think this is the isle... I could be wrong but I'm still looking anyway, that's for sure.

I looked around for what could help with a cough or a cold and found some brand I can't pronounce. "Whatever..." I muttered under my breathe. I turned around to see Vincent and Nick down the isle. "D- Darryl- I-" Vincent stuttered, stepping back slightly.

"Hi, Vincent. How... Uhm- How are you guys? Where's George?" I stood on my tippy-toes but George was no where in sight.

"He left a bit ago. He said he couldn't choose and he'd see us in a couple months. He went to upper, upper Florida with Karl." Nick spoke next, "Haven't heard from the guy since."

I guess I didn't realize I was holding my breathe until I sighed heavily. "I'm- sorry you- I- when did he leave, exactly?"

"I'd say about a week ago, why?" Nick shifted his weight to his left foot, letting his arms relax a bit. "I just thought I'd ask."

...

"You guys should visit the house in a few days. We haven't had many guests. Maybe bring a friend or two."

The two of theme looked at one another. "Sure." Vincent stopped hiding a bit. "Cool! Just text me." I took out a peice of paper and handed it to Nick.

"Will do." I nodded and walked away, waving to them as I exited the isle.

That was pretty awkward, but I'd say it went well enough.

6 minutes later

"I'm home!" I closed the door behind me and took off my shoes. Jacob darted down the stairs and stopped in front of me. "Zak..." He took deep breaths, "He threw up like- 2 or 3 times." I dropped the bag I was holding and ran up the stairs, checking the bedroom for Zak, them heading to the bathroom where everyone else was seated around Zak, who was sitting down and leaning against the wall.

"Zak!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

874 words

Cliffhanger lolz Sorry this was late!