Chapter 4

This is the longest chapter so far! I hope you enjoy it! (It's 515 words!!)

Darryl

Who is this Zak kid? He sounds like a wimp. How does he not know how long it's been? Does he have friends? Wait... Vincent said something about a friend named Zak. Is it this Zak!? No way. Not a chance. But, it would make sense. After all, I found Vincent near here, he was wearing the same hoodie that Zak is wearing, and he was completely unaware of the date. This must be the Zak.

"Do you know a Vincent?" Darryl asked Zak. Zak seemed to jump like he knew the name. "Yes! He's my best friend! He lives near here and he has the same hoodie as me!" Zak stood up and shook his hoodie, "Do you know where he is? Did you kidnap him or something!?" Zak seemed to be panicking.

Great.

"Listen, I found him about 2 months ago, he was wearing that same hoodie and he was asking if I knew a Zak. He and I have become friends and he is out looking for food right now." Zak stood there, he seemed relieved.

He must really care for Vincent. I should tell Vince where I am. Where's my walkie talkie?

Zak

He knows Vincent. If he knows him, he knows where he is. Should I ask him to take me to him? No. He'll come to us. What the-

Zak was shaken back to reality when he heard Vincent's accent through a walkie talkie. He looked up quickly and smiled with a sigh.

"Hey, Vince, where are you?" Darryl spoke into the walkie-talkie. "I'm going the way you went, why?" Vincent's accent seemed even heavier through the walkie, "I found someone. Hurry up." Darryl looked at Zak and winked. "What!? I'm on my way!" Vincent yelled.

"He'll be here in about 2 minutes. He runs fast." Darryl said to Zak. "I know that. He's my best friend, remember?" Zak said with a dumbfounded look on his face.

The two sat in silence for a minute, staring at one another. They stared until Zak spoke, "Your voice doesn't match your personality." Darryl looked at him, surprised that Zak said such a thing. "Hey, it does! You just don't know me enough yet." He crossed his arms and looked away from Zak, causing Zak to laugh. Darryl chuckled under his breath and looked back at Zak.

Darryl's Thoughts: He's a cute one... Wait- I did not just say that.

Darryl began to blush. Zak looked confused but stayed smiling. Soon enough, the door of the house burst open and a worried-looking Vincent ran inside. "Where are they!?" Vincent cried. "Right here." Darryl backed out of the way of Vincent who came running over and around the corner. He froze and dropped his sword. "Zak!?" He cried, "Yeah, it's me." Vincent threw his arms around Zak and Zak didn't hesitate to hug him back. The two stayed hugging with tears streaming down their faces. "I'm so happy to see you, Zak." Vincent said through tears. "Me too, Vinny. Me too..."

----------------------

519 words