Chapter 5

Darryl

"You two must be best friends or something if Vincent is crying." Darryl announced. "We've been best friends since 6th grade, when Vinny moved to America." Zak stated.

Darryl seemed surprised. Vince moved here in sixth grade!? And he still has such a think accent!? That's pretty insane...

"Though, I moved back for about 5 years in 11th grade. I missed the rest of my family and I also missed France." Vince added on. That explains the accent. "I'm so happy to see you Zak! How long have you been awake!?" Vincent asked Zak, "About 10 minutes if you take out the time I fell back asleep." Zak responded, making Vincent laugh.

Zak's thoughts: He's... cute. This Darryl guy is cute..! Wait- No- No he isn't. He's so ugly. Ew.

Darryl started waving his hand in front of Zak's face, "Helloooo? Earth to Zak!" "Huh!? Oh, sorry." Darryl rolled his eyes and Vincent smiled a little. Darryl spoke up, "Don't smile like that, it's scary." Vincent smiled wider and tilted his head down so that he was looking almost all the way up to meet Darryl's eyes. "Ehgh..." Darryl mumbled, probably a bit uncomfortable.

I wonder what he looks like- NOPE!

Darryl was snapped out of his thoughts when Zak walked over to the window, "What happened?" He asked, turning to face Darryl and Vincent. "We don't really know... It's just... empty." Zak looked down slightly, "W-What if we're alone here...? You know, on Earth? Or this continent? Or all the continents except 1 other!?" Zak started pacing. "Hey, calm down. It'll be okay." Darryl walked over to Zak, who hugged him immediately. Vincent smirked, knowing that Zak had already caught feelings.

Vincent's thoughts: What is with him and falling in love in 2 seconds? Aahh... Such a baby.

"You can stop holding on to me now." Darryl said, sounding annoyed, but happy at the same time. When Darryl turned around he was hardcore blushing. "Haha! You're blushing so much!!" Vincent called out, pointed at Darryl's face. Darryl pulled up his black and red hood, crossed his arms, and looked away. "Stop, you like muffin head." "What?" Zak and Vincent said together.

Ooohh shoot. I haven't said that in years.. it was nice but so embarrassing.

Zak

"I-It's something I used to say. Forget that ever happened." Darryl looked... upset, for some reason. It was like he said something bad and he regretted it greatly. I'd regret saying that in front of my new friends but not that much. "You ok?" Zak spoke up, "I'm fine. I'm just embarrassed." He said back, quickly.

---------------------------

430 words