Closing Words

Hey, Xin here :)

So we've reached the end of Breathless!! I know I left all of y'all hanging for over half a year and I don't really have any serious excuse for that. I guess with the data leak and me picking up other interests, I didn't really allocate time to finish the story - but I'm glad I did in the end so I (and readers!) could have some closure.

I've had the idea for a story like Breathless for years, ever since I first started liking kpop - maybe it's been 4 years now? I never executed it properly, just had little blips of ideas that I sometimes wrote down on a document so that I could remember.

It's not easy - not at all. I went through a lot of brainstorming and revising my work, planning events and the plot of the story. In a way, if old me saw what I had written in 2021, she would've been surprised because the story honestly has changed a lot.

A large part of this book revolves around Jisung's social anxiety and pressures for him to be the perfect kid. Although I wish I could've portrayed it in a better light, I wrote a lot of it based off of my own anxiety - and I do wish that I could've properly described the feelings I wanted Jisung to be going through.

I'm glad that I took the initiative to start this fanfic and finish it. It's the first one I've ever completed which is weird because I've been writing different things for a long time. I just hope that y'all enjoyed it and that it wasn't too...boring?

Like I said, I wish I could've executed the story a lot better, but I really just wanted to finish the story so it wasn't left hanging like my other ones. I'm glad to have made it here so far and if you're reading this, you have too!

I'm honestly not sure if I'll ever write another fanfic - for now, I've just been browsing AO3 for some. I'm reaching a new chapter in my life where I can't foresee myself spending time brainstorming nor writing another fanfiction. I guess I should consider this chapter of my hobby closed, right?

Anyways, please continue to support Chenle and Jisung in their future endeavors! At the time I'm writing this, I think NCT Dream is spoiling a comeback~

For now, this has been Xin. Thank you so much for reading Breathless!