Strawberry

The walk back to his apartment with a Strawberry-haired mound of confidence, was nothing short of extraordinary for Stilinski.

Even a drunk Stilinski.

"Do you ever think about what would happen if birds had the strength to carry babies?" He gazes over at Lydia Martin while dragging her rolling suitcase behind him.

A giggle escapes her throat hurriedly. "Storks carry babies." Stiles scoffs at the thought.

"Oh yeah. I forgot." He says, sarcastically. Lydia enjoyed being able to talk to someone like this. "It's one more right until my apartment." He smiles and gestures at the corner. "Where do you go to school?"

"Beacon Hills University. Keeping it in the family." She says blankly.

"You seem like a smart girl. You shouldn't stay in the Hills." He tells her matter-of-factly.

She shrugs. "How would you know that if you've only known me for an hour and a half?"

"You're about to live with me. Let's pretend we have known each other longer. Huh, Strawberry?"

She perks at the word. "Strawberry?"

He nods. "Is that alright?" She takes a breath.

"What do I care?" She laughs a little and Stiles shivers at the 'I'm fine' gesture. He knows when you say something like that, it means you do care. He knows because he does it a lot. Especially with his ex. His ex since this afternoon.

Stiles couldn't get the almond haired, olive skinned girl out of his head. He liked to categorize people by their hair. Scott hadn't seemed to be too big of a fan of his ex. She was a little bossy. She was a coyote for God's sake. Well, half coyote. Life seemed to be getting more confusing for Stiles. All of his friends were creatures of some sort. And he was just a human. He and Lydia must have clicked because the "human thing". At least, he hadn't thought whether or not Lydia was a human.

"Here it is." The glistening, silver elevator doors stand in front of Lydia and Stiles. "Well, this is the elevator that takes me to where it is." He flashes a grin at Lydia.

"I'm starting to think this was a bad idea. I barely know you. Literally." Lydia usually made rash decisions. That's how she was raised. But Stiles Stilinski made her do crazy things.

He grabbed her wrist gently. "C'mon. You don't want to go living in a whiskey smelling bar for a year." He pouted.

"I'm not so sure your apartment is very different, considering what your breath smells like right now." She coughed and Stiles shut his mouth. Strawberry looked back at the scruffy boy. His pouting eyes, and his mess of hair. "Alright. I'll do it."

A smile grew on Stiles' face and he jumped up and down, while pressing the elevator button. Lydia laughs at the boy for a while. He brings out such a different girl in her. She never gets to be like this. All of her other boyfriends were different. Aiden, Jackson, and so many more. Breaking her heart too hard.

At the door of Stiles' apartment, Lydia takes a deep breath. Contemplating her circumstances over and over again. He opens the door and Stiles gasps, while running in and shutting the door halfway. "Just a second. Stay out here." He gives her a panicked smile and Lydia raises an eyebrow.

The boy scrambles around the room, picking up shreds of paper his ex had thrown on the floor. Lydia curiously opens the door, stepping in and pulling her suitcase behind her. "What the hell happened here?"