Late Night Explosions

Stiles couldn't sleep that night, and he was afraid he was getting back into his old habits, the ones where he slept two hours, stayed alone, and was dangerous. He sat at the table, drinking his coffee and reading a book about aliens.

Lydia Martin walked in, wearing little shorts and a tank top that said 'Little But Fierce'. Quite true to Lydia. "You're up at 3 A.M." Stiles whipped around to see her rubbing her eyes and walking to the fridge.

"You're up at 3 A.M.," Stiles retorted, watching Lydia grab Apple juice and sitting down at the table.

Lydia took a gulp. "I was thirsty. What about you?" She had zero bags under her eyes, yet she had mascara lining her lashes from crying and rubbing them until she cried more.

Stiles noticed her makeup stains. "Sleep and I parted ways a while ago." Lydia smiled a little and he laughed a little. "Lyd, I'm sorry about Malia. I really don't like her anymore, alright?"

Strawberry pursed her lips and nodded. "Can you uh-do me a favor?" Stiles smiled, telling her yes. "Will you just lay with me? On a bed--just laying there--being together."

His mind told him to explode, but he denied it. "Yea-yea. Of course." Lydia felt her heart beat racing inside of her chest, and she felt oddly relieved lying down on Stiles' bed after chugging an entire bottle of apple juice.

Stiles laid behind her and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Stilinski?"

"Yes?"

Lydia took a deep breath. "Thank you."

"For?"

"Being there for me. You just understand what it's like to be alone and hopeless. That night that you brought me in--that night was the first night I had ever felt that way." Lydia grabbed his hand. "Thank you for that."

Stiles inhaled and planted a kiss on the crook of her neck.

In the morning, Stiles still hadn't shut an eye. He felt things deep inside of him trying to get out. It made him scared. He hadn't thought that they would come back. But they were.

"I'm going to the mall with Kira, Stiles. Want anything?" Lydia yelled through the wall.

Stiles opened his palm to reveal the dead bug lying inside. "I'm fine."