An Imaginary Dog

Malia was the type of girl who had a horrible temper. Her and Stiles had broken up that afternoon, by a mutual consensus. Stiles was starting to hate coyotes.

Lydia stepped over the shreds of paper decorating the floor. "Stiles--what's going on?" Her eyebrow raised and he panics.

"Umm. My dog must have ripped up the paper. Oops." Lydia's eyes widened and her lips curled into a smile. "A DOG?! I looooove dogs! Where is it?!" Stiles slouches and thinks this excuse over.

"Well--he is with my friend right now. I'll bring him here tomorrow." Lydia jumps up and down, her orange locks tumbling out of her long ponytail.

Lydia helps Stiles pick up his shreds of paper one by one. "You know, I'm very surprised your friend moved out of here. It seems so cozy. Was it your friend at the bar?" He shakes his head and on the last shred, their hands touch. "Oops. You can get it." A blush covers Strawberry's cheeks and Stiles flushes like never before.

She stands and sets her suitcase down on the floor in front of her. "I'll sleep on the couch." Stiles stands up, towering over her by a good many inches.

"No you won't. I can sleep on the couch. Take the bed." Lydia frowns at the thought of taking someone else's home away from them. She shakes her head and jumps on the couch, wrapping herself in a cozy blanket hung over the top of the chair.

"Goodnight!" She yells. Stiles smiles at her. Such an interesting girl. He's always thinking about others, instead of him. An idea bursts into his head.

Lydia wakes up the next morning, blows the hair out of her face, and sits up. A blanket full of spaceships covers her body and men's socks cover her feet, instead of the stilettos she was wearing last night. "Crap. He moved me into his bed." She panics, and then laughs. "What the hell? Spaceships?"

Strawberry stands up and creaks open the bedroom door to see Stiles sleeping peacefully on the couch. 'Oooo coffee', Lydia thinks to herself.

She finds the coffee brewer on the counter, along with beer. And beer. And more beer. Lydia sits on the counter, after pressing the Brew button. 'Since there's only one bedroom, it must've been a girlfriend who stayed with him. Unless the boy, slept on the couch. But the couch smelled like coconuts. A girl lotion.' Lydia loved to be Sherlock when it came to things like this.

Stiles' eyes open slightly and Lydia appears over him. "Are you gonna get the dog?!"