Burnt Bacon

They had stayed awake and talked all night. They made jokes and ate the entire box of strawberries. The stars were twinkling and there was silence for a long while, until they would tell eachother something new.

"I don't understand why people feel so strongly about things. It's all gonna be over, you know? You're opinion doesn't matter. In 100 years we will all be dead and then another world will be there. There's absolutely no reason." Lydia bit her strawberry and threw the stem in a bowl.

Stiles laughed a little. "You have to make it the best it can be. You only have one chance. And you don't want to die with regrets." He looked into her emerald eyes and she peered away. Stilinski's finger lifted her chin and he went in.

Her lips were soft and his were warm. The strawberry flavor filled her mouth and they both suddenly felt 'different'. It wasn't their first time kissing eachother, but it was definitely the most meaningful.

When Lydia woke up and saw that the stars were gone and the sun had replaced them, she sighed. She turned over, expecting to see Stilinski smiling at her, but he wasn't there.

Her heart beat suddenly slowed again and she called Kira.

"Hey Hun." Kira's voice filled Lydia's ears.

"Hi. What are you doing today?"

"Spending time with Scott. You?"

Lydia took a sharp breath and sat up. "I don't have any plans." She smelt bacon. The best smell ever.

"Really?"

The biggest smile crept onto her face when she saw Stiles Stilinski cooking her tons. And tons. And tons. Of bacon. "Really. No plans at all. Well have fun with Scott. Ba-bye."

"Bye."

She hung up. "I didn't even know I had bacon."

"You didn't. I had to buy it from the store. Oh, and I also have no idea how to cook these so...."

"Oops. I just remembered that I now LOVE burnt bacon. That's weird."

Stiles squinted at her, as if he was examining her for any signs of damage. "Well put sarcasm?? Are you sure you're Lydia Martin??"

"If I had long enough arms, I would slap you."

"If I was Ryan Gosling, I would feel great."

"If you were Ryan Gosling, I would feel great." Lydia smiled contented, and she felt a vibration in her pocket. Scott texted her.

Hey Lydia. I wanted to talk to you in private. Let me know when you have time.

"Is something wrong, Lyds?"

She shook her head. "Nah. I've got burnt bacon and Stiles Stilinski. Nothing can get me down."

Strawberry doubted herself seconds after she had spoken.