Sparks

The night was young. And the moon lit up the sky, making the stars look like gaping holes in a paper held up to the sun. Stiles was lying in his bed, and Lydia was lying on her bed, that was now in the room that used to keep the washer and dryer. The machines were now kept in the bathroom, which was a bad choice on Stiles' behalf.

Strawberry's room was full of purple frames that were holding pictures of Kira and herself making pasta, visiting Mount Everest, trying exotic foods, etc. And she loved how quaint it looked, brimming with little knick knacks.

Stiles, gaming on his computer with his huge headphones on in his bed, almost exploded at the sight. "Stilinski--Kira and I are going to the club. You coming?" Her hips were curved and accentuated at all of the right points. The dress was tight and black, gold, and two pieces, leaving Stiles to pull his headphones off and try to contain his excitement.

"Yes! Yes. Ahem. Sure. Like I guess if you want me to." The messy curls framing her face were the color of tangerines, and Stiles even contemplated calling her that. 'Hell no. That's an ugly ass name.' The voice in his head was either a dork, or a thug. He liked the thug more. And he was often more reassured when that voice talked to him.

"Better get changed then." Lydia walked into the living room, leaving Stiles a mop of anxiety and hormones, sprinting to the bathroom.

They never talked about the kiss. It wasn't even a kiss. Lydia only knew how long it was because Kira was constantly asking if a 'spark' woke her up. Which was silly. Sparks don't exist.

Scott was always chatting Stiles' ear off about Kira's hair. And Stiles would then point out that Scott's hair was almost the same as Kira's, and that you can only be obsessed with someone's hair if your hair is drastically different.

"Like Strawberry and I." He had told him. Her hair was either bright orange or ruby red. And he liked both of those.

"I'm ready." Stiles flew out from the room and found Kira and Lydia laughing about an Instagram post that Stiles had set up when he was young. "Ah. I see you have found the poop picture." Lydia nodded her head, her curls flouncing and bouncing around, as she giggled to content. "Where are we going?"

"We thought we could surprise you." Lydia stands up and pulls a bandana from her purse. "Maybe it'll loosen you up a little bit."

Stiles looks at Kira who is grinning wildly. "I don't know if I trust little sprite girl over here. But I do trust Lydia. So fine." Kira crosses her arms and Lydia smiles like a boy who caught his balloon from flying into the clouds.

"Shut your eyes." Stiles followed her instruction, trying to fight the smile from appearing on his face. "Now I'm sorry if we run you into any poles."

"Like stripper poles or..."

Lydia slapped Stiles arm and Kira laughed. "Ow. I was just joking." Lydia tied the bandana over his puppy dog eyes. And she almost found him even more attractive being so vulnerable and having him in the palm of her hand.

"Here it goes. Kira get the car ready." Kira nodded enthusiastically, and ran out of the apartment and into the parking lot. "Um-Stiles?"

"Yes, Strawberry?"

Lydia leaned inwards, her lips puckering slightly and her eyes squeezed shut. "I'm going to do something crazy. Tell me to stop if you want me to."

"What?"

Their lips were connected, moving in sync and their hands holding each other together. Because if they weren't grasping onto the other's arms, they would have melted into a pile of hormones.

Scott opened the door and Lydia immediately backed away. And Stiles fell onto his face, thinking he had Lydia to hold onto. "Should I leave?"

"We were actually leaving right now." Lydia answered, pulling her dress down a little. Stiles was struggling to get to his knees.

"Is Stiles alright? He's wearing a blindfold and he can't stand up."

Stiles reached a squatting position and smiled a little, red lipstick staining his lips. "I'm good." As soon as he spoke, his leg had slipped again and he was on the floor. "Shit."

"He's good. Let's go." Lydia grabbed his hand and pulled him up. As Lydia led him to the car, she suddenly regretted the gesture she had made. She had felt something. The only reason she had kissed him was to prove that nothing was there. But it was there. The tingle in her heart told her so. Whenever she saw him, she felt it. And when she kissed him, it almost caused her to pass out.

"That was definitely a pole." Stiles was back on the floor and holding his head.

"I'm sorry. I'm not paying attention."

"Really? I thought you were." The sarcasm was at a level that Lydia wasn't quite sure if it was a joke. It made her blush.

They reached the destination and Stiles was bruised from head to toe. "Alright. We're here. Take the blindfold off."

Stiles untied the bandana and put it in his pocket. "Oh my god. The Glow Club?"

"Hell yes."