Selfish

Lydia Martin and Papa Stilinski talked for 3 whole hours. Mostly about Malia, college, and other random things.

"Stiles doesn't talk about you or his mom much, I was starting to think he didn't have a father or a mother."

Papa Stilinski looked at Stiles and he shrugged. "Stiles doesn't like parents, apparently I wasn't the best."

"Oh, shut up dad. You weren't responsible..."

Lydia felt so uncomfortable that she considered running out of the room. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up."

"Maybe it's time for you to leave, dad." Lydia hadn't seen Stiles so defensive and hurt before.

His dad stood up and shrugged. "Nice to meet you, Lydia. And nice to see you, Stiles." He walked out and shut the door.

Lydia sighed. "Stiles, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything."

Stiles just shrugged. "My mom's dead. She's been dead since I was 8. I should've told you before. It was my fault."

She hugged him tight, maybe too tight. But Stiles still appreciated it. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"I saw Scott in the elevator. He's looking for you."

Stiles pulled away. "Why didn't you tell me? I can't keep running away from him."

"I don't want to lose you again--"

"It's not all about you. Scott's worried about me. You can't keep lying to him."

Lydia's eyebrows scrunched. "But I missed you Stiles. I have a right."

"God damnit Lydia. Where is he?"

She crossed her arms. "I'm not telling you."

"You have to."

Lydia shook her head. "No I don't."

"You're being selfish. You're always selfish."

"How the hell?? I'm never selfish. I'm trying to take care of you."

Stiles took a deep breath. "I'm going to find him, Lydia. And maybe I'll stay with him. Maybe Scott and I won't be such polar opposites and we will be able to stand eachother. Goodbye."

"I'm tired of this drama, Stiles! We haven't had a regular day since we met! And maybe it's my fault but there's no way I can deal with it anymore. So leave. I'm glad you are."