Dreams

Do you remember
that day that you met me?
I swear it was yesterday, I knew with a glance.
That you were the question,
and you were the answer.
That the world would make sense again if I held your hand.

-bare from bare the pop opera

Stiles was sitting in the park, listening to the birds and eating chips by himself and Scott's dog, Stuart. The smell of dirt and dust made Stiles remember when he first met Lydia.

He was now dozing off, falling asleep with his head against the bench.

"Stiles?? Stiles wake up. It's Lydia."

His eyes opened and Lydia was wearing the most magnificent dress he had ever seen. He wasn't even in the park anymore, they were in his apartment.

"Lydia?? I'm sorry--"

"I don't care Stiles. I love you. I've always loved you." She walked closer to him taking his hand in hers. "Did you know that I wish I met you earlier? Knowing that I've wasted all of my life so far without you, makes me so upset."

"Uh--I see."

"I love you."

Her lips were an inch from his, and she went in. She felt nasty. Slippery and dirty. He felt something sharp on his arm.

"Oh my god." He had never felt so embarrassed. A dog make out definitely meant he was at rock bottom. He stuffed napkins in his mouth and decided that he had to stop sleeping to get his mind off of Lydia Martin.

He picked the dog up and stared at him. Stiles shook his head and the dogs eyes widened.

---------

Scott wrapped his arm around Kira. "We have got to fix this. Yesterday, Stiles made out with a dog, thinking it was Lydia."

Kira's jaw dropped. "This is urgent. Lydia hasn't stopped eating Reese's. But I just don't know what to do. She won't stop talking about him, but she won't talk to him."

"I don't want to interfere, Kira. What if this ruins it for good?" Scott shrugged. "This is stupid. I'm not going to do anything. I'll let them figure it out."

---------

Malia texted Stiles that night.

I miss you. Want to come over?? ;)

No.

Plssssssss.

Only if you don't try to make a move.

I can't make any promises. ;)

Malia.

Fine.

I'll be at your place in 10 minutes.

Malia Tate was a fine girl, just not Stiles' type. She had anger issues and she didn't have enough education to keep up with everyone.

She went around spraying coconut perfume and baking cupcakes. Malia was now in great need for a boyfriend. She wanted something stable. Not a fling. So she decided to invite him over, and see what would happen.

Stiles knocked and Malia opened the door immediately. "Hey hot stuff."

"Please not now."

Malia sighed. "Well come in at least."

Stiles sat on her couch, leaving Malia to shut the door and join him. "So, what have you been up to?"

"Nothing interesting, that's for sure."

Malia turned his head to hers. "What's wrong??"

"Lydia Martin."

"She broke up with you."

Stiles nodded.

"I can help you."

Stiles laughed a little. "How in hell can you help me?"

"It's a little thing called jealousy."

"I could never do that to Strawb--Lydia." Stiles shook his head and played with his thumbs.

"Cmon. Give me a month and if you don't have Lydia, then you can fire me, eh?"

"What's in it for you??"

Malia shrugged. "I get you for a whole month."

"Only when we are near Lydia, okay?"

Malia nodded.

"Fine. I'll try it. But if anything goes wrong, it's your fault."