Intimidating

"Who's Malia Tate?" Lydia stared up at Stiles, scrunching her nose.

Stiles was staring off at her from a distance, until he heard Lydia say her name, which cued him to snap his head back to Lydia. "Huh?"

"Malia Tate? You just said 'shit shit sh-'"

Stiles raised an eyebrow. "What? No. I was just mumbling."

Lydia had known that Stiles' dog was Scott's. And she also knew that it wasn't just a puppy that ripped up the paper, it was definitely a supernatural. Banshees just knew that kind of stuff. "Why are you keeping secrets from me?"

Stiles clenched his jaw and looked at the floor. "Can I tell you later? It's not really a secret."

"Then just tell me now, if it isn't a secret."

He sighed and intertwined their fingers, Lydia pulled away. "You're with her, aren't you?"

Stiles shook his head violently. "No no no. She's just an old friend-"

"Sure." Lydia was especially intimidating when she was angry. She stayed calm and didn't raise her voice often, which made it even more unusual. "Why don't you want to talk to her, then?" She smiled a little, and twirled a piece of her hair. "I don't believe you, Stilinski."

Stiles scoffed. "I can surely tell." Strawberry raised her eyebrow. "I didn't mean it like that--it's just that--she was my first love and all-"

Lydia nodded. "Yeah, I get it. It doesn't really matter to me because we aren't together or anything. And besides, my first love was pretty damn special to me too." Deep down it hurt Lydia. Thinking about Jackson, thinking about relationships, and some reason thinking about Stilinski loving someone besides her.

"Yeah-I guess we aren't together." Stiles stuck his tongue into his cheek, whilst Lydia shook her head lightly. "Can we just leave? Please."

The two of them arrived back at their place, leaving Scott and Kira to party and hear each others heart beat racing.

"I'm going to bed." Lydia stated, pulling off her stilettos and grabbing makeup wipes for her gigantic dragon. "Goodnight." Her hair unwound behind her and she made her way to her bedroom, which was the only place she had ever felt safe.

Stiles knew he had hurt Lydia, which hurt him worse. He laid down in his bed, collapsing onto his Star Wars sheets. Stilinski heard something crying, so he checked on Stuart, who was sleeping peacefully inside of Stiles' sneakers.

"Oh my god. I made her cry."