Losing Her Was Blue, Finding Her Was Red

I pulled into the curb outside Taylor's apartment.

I had no idea if she would be here.

I was taking a stab in the dark and hoping for the best.

Really, I could spend all weekend running around New York looking for Taylor.

If she didn't want to be found, it could be even harder.

I had to trust that Taylor would give me a second chance. Or that I could make her give me one. I can't choke and fluff around the real reason I've come to find her.

I just have to tell her outright that 1. I do want to get better, 2. I'm sorry, 3. I need her help and 4. I love her.

I took a deep breath, checked my reflection in the visor mirror.

I looked like hell. The only changes I had made from my charming bed attire was a slightly better choice of clothes.

My hair was still messed and I didn't even want to talk about the situation with my face. I wouldn't go anywhere looking like this. So this had better work.

Before I could consider going home and making myself look better, I jumped out of the car and looked up at the building.

I took another deep breath and took the path to her apartment that I had taken so many times that it was engrained in my memory. I didn't have to think about when I had to turn it what number I was up to. I just knew.

I knocked and waited.

There was no answer. But I knew she was in there.

I knocked again, and waited again.

No answer.

I pulled my phone out and dialled Taylor's number.

The Grey's Anatomy theme song played inside the apartment. Her ringtone.

She was here.

She never went anywhere without her phone. There was always a chance for an Instagram photo for the fans or Se fascinating image to be captured.

And she was a very popular woman. She needs to be contactable at all times.

Even if she wants to be uncontactable by one person - me.

She couldn't risk going of the grid.

I knocked louder and harder. "Taylor! I know you're in there." I called through the door. "Tay, we need to talk!"

There was no response. "Tay! Please! You know I have a spare key. Don't make me use it!"

I heard movement behind the door. Shuffling and footsteps.

"Go away Karlie." I heard mumbled through the keyhole.

"No. I need to explain. And you need to listen. Just let me in."

"No."

"I'll start singing 'Frozen' since this is very much one of those moments," I teased. Then I started to hum the beginning of 'Do You Want To Build A Snowman' and I was ready to break into the verse when the door opened in front of me.

I was silenced. Probably for the health of us all. We were saved just in time.

"What do you want?"

"Can I at least come in?"

"As long as there is no more singing."

"I promise." She turned and walked across the apartment, leaving me to enter an close the door.

"Karlie, I'm really busy. So just say what you need to say and go."

"Busy with what? Taylor, you're in your pyjamas and I bet that television is paused on an episode of Grey's Anatomy." I pointed at the tv like it was the one in trouble.

"You're one to talk. What look were you going for when you got out of bed? Was it a homeless lookalike photo shoot, or was it the pathetic girls are us convention?" She scowled when she said it. It seemed like, for a moment, she actually meant it.

"You know, I wanted to come and explain. I was going to explain myself to you, but if you're going to be like this, then forget it. Maybe I'll be better off without you. Everything I have done good has been for you. And I appreciate everything that you do. But I'm starting to wonder if it's worth trying for anymore. Tell me now Taylor. Do you want an explanation, or should I just leave now?"

She was silent. She averted her gaze and just stared beside me and still said nothing.

"Fine then. Goodbye Taylor." I held on to the strap of my bag and turned to the door.

I took three steps before Taylor spoke. "Karlie. Wait."

I stopped but did not turn around. I wanted to hear her say it. That she wanted me to stay so we could sort stuff out.

"Stay. I'm not that busy. Maybe I can fit you in somewhere in my busy schedule." She joked but with a flat tone. "It'd be nice if you stayed I mean. I'd like to talk." She got softer and I actually believed that she wanted me to.

I had my chance, now I better not blow it.

Again.