Grand Entrances and Seating Arrangements

After reaching the end of the red carpet, we stood in front of everyone and let the cameras click away. The flashes weren't as bright as my eyes had adjusted and we just smiled and looked in alternating directions.

Our arms were still linked and I looked across at her and saw pursed lips and half smile. Then her beautiful smile broke out and it made me smile bigger. I smiled all the way into the hall and only stopped when I knew that we were far enough for me to sneak a kiss on her cheek.

She smiled and pushed her cheek back against my lips. When I opened my eyes, I saw her signature nose scrunch and smiled again.

My eyes had to adjust again to the change in light and we both stopped to take in the beautifully decorated auditorium before us.

There were fairy lights trailing the walkways and the floor lit up in a kaleidoscope of colours. They were simple decorations that were among the most beautiful.

Taylor pulled out her phone and took a photo. "The fans are gonna love this," she said as she snapped the scene before her.

I love how in touch she is with her fans. I don't think here is ever a time when she isn't thinking about them.

We had an official photo taken, then mingled with the other guests that had arrived. We took a few lore photos then Taylor had to check in for her performance later on in the show and to confirm her nominations.

I stood with a group of people while she was gone. Ed and one direction were among the people in the group and I kind of just drifted off to the side.

Taylor returned to my side and we were lead to our seats. Taylor was ecstatic at the seats we were assigned. She got her lucky number: seat 13.

Tay's parents and brother stood and I hugged them each before we were seated.

We sat patiently, chatting amongst ourselves, with other nominees, or not at all.

Then the lights dimmed and the deep voice announced the host - LL Cool J.

The same voice welcomed us all to the 56th annual Grammy awards.

I reached my hand into Taylor's lap and took her hand in mine. She squeezed back tight, tighter than I had imagined. But I didn't let go. I would hold her hand the whole show - if that's what she wanted.