Relapse

I had an appointment with my doctor in the morning.

Since things had been better lately we reduced the sessions to once a fortnight. I'm not perfect yet, but I am defintely doing better than I was before.

It would be a lie if I said that I hadn't  done things that I used to do. I try to not let Taylor see as much as I can. A few times I have told her that I skipped a meal or something, giving her updates on what's going on. Since she worked so hard to help me, I owe it to her.

But there have been times where I couldn't bear to tell her She's done so much for me, and to have me tell her that I have done something. I couldn't stand to have her be ashamed of me. Again.

 "Karlie. Nice to see you. It's been a while since our last session, how have you been?"

"Yeah. Tay and I have been so busy. I'm doing good though."

"How are you really?"

"Really, I'm good. There've been a few times when I've slipped up - or at least came close to. But I'm good.

"Nearly slipped up... How do you mean?"

"Oh... It's nothing really. Sometimes I just got a bit... overwhelmed I guess. That's not really the right word. But it's all good. Everything is a-okay." I was on the verge of tears. I tried hard not to show it so that she wouldn't see me cry.

These are probably the moments when you're supposed to let it out. I mean, isn't that what shrinks are for?

But I couldn't. It was bad enough lying to Taylor and I couldn't have her find out through the shrink.

"You sure?" She tilted her head to the side like they always do in the movies. And her did that squint that always happens too.

"Yeah. All good. Are we nearly done here because I have a shoot that I have to get to?" I collected my things and waited for her to say we were done.

"Um... yeah. But Karlie, I'd like to see you in a week this time. Does next Thursday suit?"

"Okay. I'll see you then."

I was up and out of the office before she could finish writing the appointment in her book.

I made it to the car - still no tears.

I got two blocks away before I started and I had to pull over because I couldn't see the road in front of me through my tears.