Best Female Artist

The host read his welcome speech and the colours on the floor changed to a more neutral dark green and froze that colour.

He gave a list of the performers for tonight, including Taylor. And when he said her name, our whole group cheered as loud as we could.

"Well, it sounds like Miss Swift has quite a support team here tonight" the host remarked.

I smiled and looked across at Taylor. She had a smile on her face but was kind of shrunken back in her seat like she didn't want the attention on her.

That was strange. Usually she was humble, but not like this. She was probably just nervous about her performance of All Too Well. After all, it wasn't a single from the album and it was the most heartbreaking song on the album. Maybe she wasn't sure how it would go down with everyone. She knew the fans loved it, since they voted for it.

"You alright, Tay?" I leant over and whispered into her ear and gave her hand a squeeze.

She just nodded and looked at me for a second then back to the stage.

I looked to my right and Ed was a few seats down. He was looking our way - well, Taylor's way. He smiled and waved and I did the same back.

The first performer took the stage - it was Katy Perry. Then two categories were announced and the host gave a bit of a speech before going to the next category.

He welcomed Patrick Dempsey to the stage to present the award for "The Best Female Artist".

"There's no doubt that the women of the music industry are tremendously talented. That's why this category is one of the toughest of the night. There are four nominees for this category tonight. And they are... Katy Perry... Selena Gomez... Demi Lovato... and, last but not least Taylor Swift." The crowd cheered and clapped after each name was read, but our group - Taylor's cheer squad definitely cheered the loudest again.

Patrick smiled and looked towards us in the crowd.

I looked across at Taylor and noticed her hands were shaking. She gripped my hand tighter to hide it and put her other hand on top. I put my other hand under my leg to hide my own shaking.

This was the one category that Taylor was most worried about. She had received it before and she felt the pressure to take out this category again.

"The award for 'Best Female Artist' goes to..." He stopped talking and kept us all in suspense with his pause.

Taylor held her breath. I was basically in her lap and I couldn't hear her breathing. I had to look to check she was.

"TAYLOR SWIFT!!"

We were all up off our feet then. Jumping and cheering and hugging.

"Oh My God! Oh My God!" Taylor kept saying.

She turned to me for a hug and she had tears in her eyes. She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me into the biggest hug ever. I whispered into her ear, "I'm so proud of you Taylor. You deserve it... I love you Taylor."