Aftermath

"Karlie." Taylor said my name and stood looking at me. The look on her face was somewhere between shock and pity. "Karlie..." She tried to speak, but couldn't. Maybe she had the words, but just couldn't get them out.

"Tay. I'm sorry you saw that. I... I can explain." I didn't know if I really could. I don't know if there is a way to explain why your best friend just caught you sticking your fingers down your throat to throw up.

I started to cry. I've done it this time. I thought to myself. I've really gone and screwed it up, just like everything else. Taylor's gonna hate me and I'll lose the one good thing I have going for me. I slid back down onto the cold bathroom tiles and dropped my head to my hands. Taylor was beside me in a flash. She leant against the cabinet below the vanity and pulled me into her side.

"Karls. Hey, hey. It's okay." She pulled my head down into her chest and at hers on top of mine. I could feel her heart beating against my cheek as she rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry Tay. I'm so sorry..." I couldn't talk because I had started crying again.

"Shh... Just, don't talk. Calm down first then we can talk. Okay?"

"Okay." She didn't sound angry, more disappointed and worried. I had expected her to be angrier and demand answers. But I guess that was yet to come. I felt safer than ever in her arms then, but I couldn't help thinking that it could be the last time. That this may be the last time I feel this safe with anyone, let alone with Taylor.

My sobs got smaller and the tears stopped until before long I was breathing normal again. My eyes for heavy and I was ready for a nap.

I felt Taylor's chest rising and falling beneath my head.

I sat up, trying to support myself. But I had been still on the cold tiles for too long, it took a bit of adjusting. Taylor moved her arms to accommodate my new position.

I looked at Taylor. I wanted to look into her eyes and talk but I was ashamed - to be honest. So I looked at her chin, then down at the tiles between us. "You've probably got questions."

"Yeah. But when you're ready. Don't worry about it if you aren't ready." Why did she have to be so understanding? I love it but I kind of wish she would tell me to spit it out and give her some answers.

"No, I'm ready. You deserve answers now. It wouldn't be fair to not tell you now."

"Alright then." She took a deep breath. I knew what question was coming first. It was always the first question asked in these situations. "Um... How long has this been happening?"

(Author's note: sorry it's short. There will be more answers in the next part I promise. And it will be up soon. Thanks for your support. We're nearly at 5000 reads! That's amazing! I never thought I would say that! Thanks again and sorry it's short. Another update soon ❤️😊 love you guys!)