Bryn Reid

"Okay, Bryn. Go ahead and push again." Ryel says and I do.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten and stop. Right back at it and one, two, three, four-" she's cut off by the sound of a loud cry filling the room.

"Oh, my gosh. Hi, pretty baby." She sets my baby on my chest, April wiping it off.

"You have yourself a pretty baby girl." Ryel smiles brightly.

"Oh, honey, we have a baby girl." Spencer cries, leaning down and kissing me.

"I know. She looks so sweet."

"Dad, do you want to cut the cord?" Ryel grins and he nods eagerly.

"I'm gonna take her quickly to do a checkup, okay?" Amy, the nursery nurse says before taking her from me after Spencer finishes with the cord.

Spencer goes over with our baby and I'm left to deliver the placenta. I push a few times before she deals with that and Spencer places her back on my chest.

She gurgles softly, looking up at me with her bright hazel doe eyes.

"Okay, so what's the name going on the birth certificate?" Ryel asks, pulling out a pencil and paper.

I tell her and explain how to spell it, letting the baby play with my fingers.

"You wanna hold her?" He nods and I hand him the sweet little girl.

I smooth down my gown and throw the blanket back over my legs.

Spencer bounces slightly on his heals as he makes fun faces to the cooing baby in his arms.

"Do you want me to go get others?" Spencer asks. "Can I?" Ryel nods.

"Yeah, go. We'll both be right here when you get back." He hand her to me again and walks out the door.

April and the others leave, leaving just me until everyone comes in except for Derek and Atlas.

"Oh my goodness, she's already so cute." Penelope gushes, rushing over to me and the baby.

"What's her name?" Aaron asks as they all walk in.

"Do you want to tell them?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"You do it."

"Her name is Harlow Jennifer Reid." JJ stifles a gasp with her hand.

"You named her after me?" We nod with a small laugh and I hand Harlow to her.

"That's a beautiful name, guys. Congratulations." Dave smiles softly, squeezing both of our shoulders.

"Thank you." We say in unison.

I scoot over and pat the side of the bed, gesturing for Spencer to sit next to me.

"I'm proud of you." He whispers softly.

"What?"

"I'm proud of you. You just carried a baby for nine months then gave birth and you're still gorgeous."

"I love you." I press my lips against his.

"I love you, too." He smiles softly before kissing my head as I lay my head on his shoulder.

By now, Harlow has been passed to Dave.

"Mama, dad! Is this her?" Atlas runs in, Derek behind him.

"Yeah, bud. She's gorgeous, isn't she?" Spencer says.

"I have a little sister?" His little mouth falls agape as he jumps on the bed and hugs us both.