Chapter 13

20 years later, after Thorn had just become queen...
Blaze woke up and stretched, feeling numb all around the place.

The memory flashed before her eyes. How her sisters, Blister and Burn, had fought with her and ruined her beautiful scales. Ugh, rude! I may not be as stupid as they think, but I still don't want scars! Ugh.

She gingerly touched one of her few scratches, and looked around.

She was home. Well, in her original home.
She looked around and jumped up, noticing Glacier in the corner, sleeping.

"Glacier? Helllooooo?" She said. She poked her, and Glacier stood up, scared and surprised.

"You're awake!" She said, wrapping her wings around Blaze.

"I'm so sorry I didn't fight for you, I thought I should but you-," Queen Glacier started.

"It's ok," Blaze interrupted her. "I know how important following the rules is for you. At least, following most of them."

"I just feel so guilty," Glacier said, her voice cracking. "I know the wounds aren't so serious they could kill you, but while I was watching the fight, I-."

Blaze stopped her by giving her a quick kiss.

"It's ok. I'm honestly glad I don't have to be queen; I always thought it was what I wanted. That I had to pretend to be ditzy just for dragons to like me," Blaze said.

Glacier's cold scales pressed against Blaze's, and they sighed contently.

"You must be burning," Blaze said, grinning.

"Oh you have no idea," Glacier said, exasperated. "It's like my scales are melting but at the same time they're still there."

Blaze giggled. The door opened, and Smolder was there, looking at them.

"Uh-hi," he said. "Glad to see you're awake."

"Thanks," Blaze said. There was an uncomfortable silence. After all, Blaze hadn't seen Smolder for years and years.

"I'll leave you two alone," Smolder said, bowing at Queen Glacier.

"Ugh. He's such an awkward little lizard," Blaze said.

"Hey, Blaze. Now that the war is over, we could do what we've always wanted. Well, sort of," Glacier said.

Blaze's heart quickened and she felt that same feeling of love and longing whenever she was with Glacier.

Blaze took Glaicer's talon in hers. "I know you have your queenly and royal duties," Blaze started. Glacier chuckled.

"We'll visit each other as much as we can. We both know that I can't live in the Ice Palace; I'd be way to cold and not to mention that I feel like I have to stay with my brother. He's the only family I have left."

"I understand," Glacier said. "I wouldn't be able to leave my dragonets."

Glacier and Blaze eventually went outside and talked and flew. Now that the war was over, they could finally talk and somewhat relax.

Glacier and Blaze didn't have to be that much of a secret anymore.

Blaze glanced at Queen Glacier and wondered what she'd done to deserve such a beautiful and wonderful dragon.

And Glacier wondered the same thing.
Yay, I hope you readers have enjoyed it so far. So, this isn't really the end of the book. Like I said before, there will be some short stories. (Prepare for some sad stuff, sry)
🦦