Short Story: The Death of Queen Glacier

Blaze was in the Ice Palace, a ball of nerves. Glacier was sick. Very sick.

Blaze thought back to what Glacier had said to her.
"Blaze. I love you. I really do," Glacier rasped, breathing heavily.

Blaze was holding back tears.
"I know I'm going to die. I can feel it," Glacier said.

"Don't say that. You'll be alright!" Blaze said, trying to sound strong.

Glacier tried to smile, but she was too weak.

"I love you Blaze. You're the only dragon I've ever truly loved," Glacier said.

"I love you too," Blaze said, now sobbing and hiccuping.

Glacier touched Blaze's face with her talon.

"Look in my drawer," she said. Blaze, confused, went to Glacier's drawer, and didn't even look up at the mirror

For once, Blaze didn't care around her appearance.
Blaze opened one of the cabinets, and gasped. It was the tanzanite necklace that Glacier had gotten when they met.

"It's for you," Glacier said weakly. Blaze picked it up and went back to Glacier's side.

"No. Why would it be if you'll be completely f-fine," Blaze said, sniffling and crying.

"Blaze. Please," Glacier said. Blaze noticed how weak her eyes were, and how dull her scales looked.

"Ok," Blaze said.

"I'll never forget you," Blaze said, her voice cracking.

"I know," Glacier joked, and Blaze smiled through her tears.

Now Blaze was back to reality, outside of Queen Glacier's room.

Glacier had requested to see her daughters. Blaze was still holding her necklace, wiping away her tears.
Then, the worst happened.

Snowfall, Crystal, and Mink walked out of Glacier's room. As soon as Blaze looked at them, she knew.
She wailed and started sobbing again. Her whole body felt weak.

Crystal brushed her wings with Blaze's reassuringly.
They all stood there, not saying a word. The sobs and muffled cries echoed throughout the castle.

Blaze's heart ached, and she felt as if she could never feel happy again.

How could she, when Glacier was dead.

I miss you so, so much. I'm honored to have even met you. I love you. Forever.
I'm sorry about this chapter. :( I just felt like it would be good to see how Blaze had found out about Glacier's death.