Chapter 4

Sunlight shone through the window. Blaze opened her eyes. Where am I?

She was in the middle of the desert. I don't remember getting here.

"Blaze!" A voice called out. Blaze turned around, her poisonous barb ready to strike.

"W-who are you?" Blaze asked, trying to hide the fear in her voice. All of a sudden, Queen Glacier came out of nowhere.

"Blaze! Thank goodness you're safe!" Glacier called out, running to her.

W-what's happening?
"Glacier, what's happening?"
"I have to tell you that I-" Glacier's voice was cut off, and Blaze opened her eyes.

She rubbed her eyes, confused. It was just a dream...

Blaze heard a knock on the door. Her sand like scales shivered.

"U-um who is it?" She called out.

A voice came from outside of her room. "It's the servant you met yesterday."

"Oh, come on in," Blaze responded. The door opened and in came the Icewing, along with a plate.

"Hello Princess," he bowed. "Glacier has sent you some breakfast."

"Oooo, nice! Thank you very much!" Blaze said, taking the plate from the Icewing. "Oh, um do you guys have any lizards? Or something like that?" She asked, looking down at her plate full of what she assumed was Polar Bear.

"I'm afraid not, but we could try to find some later." He responded. Blaze nodded.

The door suddenly opened and a young Icewing dragonet walked in.

"Papa, look what I can do, look!" He exclaimed, swishing his tail.

"Igloo! What did I tell you?!" The male Icewing asked, a frightened look on his face. "My apologies, please don't be angry at him, blame me."

What the lizard tails? Why would I be angry? He's adorable!

"Why would I be angry? He's SO cute! Here darling, let me give you something. A dragonet should never go somewhere without accessories." Blaze responded, walking over to the drawer in her room, hoping to find something.

"Oh that's not necessary really, I'm sorry to bother you," the Icewing said again, looking nervous.
Blaze turned around.

"What's your name?" She asked the older a Icewing.

"My name is Shard," he responded.

"Well,"Blaze said, looking through the drawer and finally finding something. She turned around. "Here you go, a golden anklet. It looks quite fancy, and your dragonet will be the most handsome Icewing ever!" Blaze exclaimed.

I feel so bad for them. They look so sad. Nothing a few jewels can't fix.

Shard looked stunned, while Igloo shook his dark blue wings and smiled.

After Blaze had convinced Shard to accept the gift, she excused them and sat down on her bed to let her thoughts wander.

I wonder when that snow storm will be over. Half of me wants to stay with Glacier, but the other half just wants the sun...
Yay that's the end for dis chapter. Thanks to everyone who even reads this story! I'm really passionate about Blaze x Glacier.
Stay safe and keep using the otter emoji!
🦦