Chapter 3

"So, what part of your land and how much will I be getting?" Glacier asked.

Oh no, I didn't think about that, Blaze thought, getting worried.

"Well um, you see..."

"You don't quite know, do you?" Queen Glacier asked.
Blaze gulped.

"Well then, we can start off by looking at the East side of your territory..." Glacier explained, drawing a faint circle around that part on the map.
1 hour later...
"Phew, well I think we can agree on this part," Blaze told Glacier, pointing on the map. Thank goodness, I thought my brain would explode.

"Yes, it's been a pleasure, Princess Blaze," Glacier said.

"Ya, thank you! I actually have an ally!" Blaze squeaked, excited. She glanced at Glacier, and her heart dropped. Why does she have that worried look on her face?

"Is something wrong?" Blaze asked.
"Well, the thing is... I believe that you should try to appear a little different in public," Glacier explained.

"What? But I'm perfect! Just look at me," Blaze replied. Glacier blushed.

"Yes, but the thing is, I feel like you're smarter than you look. Like there might be something else..." Glacier said, her blue eyes studying Blaze.

Oh no... what's she talking about? Does she know?
"Oh ok fine. Yes I'm not as air-headed as I seem. But I do still like shiny stuff! And I hate any dragon that's more attractive than me," Blaze huffed.
Glacier giggled.

Did she just giggle? Blaze's heart soared.
"I knew it. You seem like you don't get that much credit," Glacier said. She moved her tail slightly side by side.

Blaze felt herself relaxing. So she isn't as scary as she seems!

"Eh, with my looks I could get anything," Blaze said. "Unlike my sisters. Burn is all like 'rawr I'm a big dragon and I fight' and Blister is just 'I'm smart'."
"Oh my Blaze, you should be a comedian," Glacier said, hiding her laughter.

The two dragons smiled at each other. That's when they heard a knock on the door.

Immediately Glacier stood up taller, and held her chin up. Wow, she just transforms from relaxed to rigid queen.

"Come in," Queen Glacier called, and a few Icewings walked in, bowing.

"What message do you have?" Glacier asked.
An off-white Icewing with some light purple on her wings walked up.

"Your majesty, and Princess Blaze," the Icewing said.
Blaze noticed that the Icewing has said her name more dismissively.

Do all the Icewings hate me? Blaze get herself sweat, despite the cold.

The Icewing guard continued. "A blizzard has started a few minutes ago. Unfortunately, the storm is too strong for Princess Blaze to go through."

Queen Glacier nodded, a thoughtful look on her face.
"Do you know when the storm should die down?" She asked.

"We have estimated from 2-7 days," The Icewing soldier responded.

That much time? But what about all of my jewels back home? And the warmth of the sand? Blaze started to internally panic.

"Commander Skua, is it?" Glacier asked. The Icewing soldier nodded.

"Send a group of Icewings near the border, and tell the Sandwing commander that Princess Blaze will stay here for a few days due to the blizzard. If the blizzard is too strong, then tell them to venture through it. The message must be delivered." Queen Glacier said, not looking the least bit tired.

Skua nodded, and she and the rest of the Icewing bowed, and walked out of the War Room.

Glacier turned and looked at Blaze. Their eyes met and Blaze's thoughts got lost. Queen Glacier cleared her throat.

"Well then, you should stay in the special guest room." Glacier said. As they walked out of the War Room, Glacier called out for an Icewing. Right at that moment, an old-looking Icewing walked up to them, his head low.

Glacier told him to let Princess Blaze or the Guest Room, but the special one. The Icewing servant nodded. Blaze and Glacier said their goodbyes.
Blaze eyed the Icewing. He had some grey around the tips of his wings, and a blue underbelly.
Eventually, they stopped in front of a door.

"This is the Guest Room, but like a suite. Just ring the bell inside of the room to call me. Have a goodnight princess," the Icewing bowed his head and walked away.

Blaze could barely think straight, walked into her room, and plopped onto the bed.

Ah, so comfy... I wonder if Glacier is having a goodnight. I can't wait to see her tomorrow.
Blaze closed her eyes, and then sleep overcame her.
🦦