Chapter 2

Queen Glacier sighed, drumming her claws on her throne. Moons, this is boring, she thought. The scuffling of claws on ice reminded her that there was a dragon there.

"Yes, what news do you have?" She asked, her wings twitching impatiently.

"Ummm, well, Princess Blaze and her guards are on their way to meet you and discuss the war," the nervous Icewing explained.

Blaze... Queen Glacier hadn't been able to get the beautiful sandwing princess out of her head. She had thought about being next to her, yearning for her warmth.

Yet, she knew that it would not be queenly of her to do that, and it would definitely be awkward since Blaze couldn't ever like her.

"Well, yes, please prepare the the meeting hall, and make sure that they arrive safely," Queen Glacier ordered.

The Icewing solider bowed its head and scurried away. Glacier sighed.

Well, there is no use in just sitting around doing nothing, Glacier thought to herself, getting up majestically. She walked through the gleaming halls, looking around.

I have it all, yet why does it feel like I don't...
A few moments later...
Glacier heard a knock on her door.
"Ugh, who is it now?" She grumbled to herself. "Come in!"

Her doors opened, to reveal the previous Icewing from before.

"Hello your majesty, Princess Blaze has arrived," they explained.

"Yes, thank you, I will arrive soon," Glacier replied, going to her mirror quickly.

She put on an emerald necklace, and green, ombré topaz earrings. Queen Glacier was simple in that way; she didn't have to show off to prove she was wealthy.

She walked out to see Princess Blaze with a few Sandwing guards.
"Hello Queen Glacier! I'm just so excited! So when do we start and get to all that war stuff?" Blaze asked enthusiastically.

Glacier chuckled to herself.
"Come this way, and I will show you the War Room," Glacier said. Blaze trotted up to Queen Glacier as they walked down the hall.

"So how do you not freeze here? Cause I feel like my scales will fall off any moment now!" Blaze chattered.

"Well, you do seem to have a comfortable, warm coat," Queen Glacier said, glancing at Blaze. Agh, what makes her so cute?

"Ah yes, thank you for noticing, they're quite in style," Blaze responded. Silence followed, only the sounds of tapping claws on ice echoing across the halls.

Queen Glacier risked another glance at Blaze. I can't figure her out. She just seems so dull and dumb. But there's something else... I know there is.

Blaze caught Glacier's eye and they both blushed and looked away. All of a sudden, Glacier stopped walking.

"Ohhhh what a nice door! So... icy," Blaze said, trying to sound excited.

"It's ok, you don't have to pretend that it's cool. All of this palace is like a big chunk of ice," Glacier said playfully.

"Oh then, honestly it's just a door," Blaze said cheerfully.

They both laughed, and Queen Glacier opened the door.

In front of the two dragons, was a huge table with a map on it, and chairs around it.
Glacier shut the door, and glanced back at Blaze with her dark eyes.

"Uhhh, why is there some huge map?" Blaze asked.
That was when Glacier realized that her and Blaze were actually alone together.
If only...

"This is the War Room, where we will discuss strategies and more." Glacier explained.
The both of them walked near the table, their tails almost touching.

I wish I could show her I like her... Glacier thought.
I wish I could hold her... Blaze thought.
Yee that's the end of this chapter. Queen Glacier got a lil' saucy there in the end lol. Anyways sry for disappearing for a while. And could yall'z please click that "vote" thing? So then I can know that u guys enjoy this. U don't need to tho.🦦