Short Story: Mystery Attacks, Part 1

(This is after Chapter 12)
Glacier felt anger rise in her. We still haven't found those blasted Icewings that attacked Blaze! Ugh.

Glacier was getting worried. She thought she'd taken care of them, but she still felt nervous.

How can I trust anyone?

Blaze was coming over to visit Glacier, and she couldn't help but feel uneasy.

She took a deep breath. Ok, this is fine. I'll check in with my guards and make sure it's all fine.

Queen Glacier checked over everything, trying not to fidget in her throne.

Finally, an Icewing came in and bowed.

"Princess Blaze is here," he said.

"Thank you, that'll be all," Glacier said, and he nodded and walked out.

Queen Glacier exited the throne room and walked briskly down the long stairs.
Finally, she arrived to the bottom, and three other Icewing guards followed her.

The door to the palace opened and there stood Blaze, shivering but smiling.
Glacier's heart felt as if it had started beating ten times faster.

"Welcome Princess Blaze. Shall we go to the Meeting Room and discuss the war?" Glacier asked, in her most queenly voice.

"Sure, let's go!" Blaze said excitedly, and five other Sandwings followed her.

The group of Icewings and Sandwings walked along the cold, ice palace until they came to the Meeting Room.

All of them walked in and Glacier sat down at the Head of the Table. Her general was at the opposite side, Blaze was next to Glacier, and the other Icewings and Sandwings sat down on opposite sides.

"Thank you for coming. Let's discuss the war and our position," Glacier said, her voice ringing through the room.

She could tell Blaze was already getting my bored, trying to listen.

After the general and others had talked and discussed for what felt like hours, the meeting was over.

"So overall, let's move our first and third squadron up near the Sky Kingdom, and then we'll move four and five near the desert," Glacier said.
Everyone nodded.

"You're excused," Glacier said with a wave of her tail. Everyone bowed and left until there was only Blaze.

"Um, Queen Glacier, I was wondering what happened with those Icewings that attacked me a while back," Blaze said. "Not that I'm trying to undermine your guards."

Glacier tried to not be offended, but she understood.
"I must admit I myself have some concerns, but I've made sure that more guards are near you."

Blaze nodded. She seemed like she wanted to say something else, but she only said, "which room will I be staying in?"

They both exited from the War Room and Blaze was shown to her rom by an Icewing guard, with two Sandwing guards behind her.

Ugh, stupid Glacier! I should've talked to her more. Hopefully I can fix this. Maybe if I just ignore the tension things will become less tense.

But Glacier knew ignoring the tension wouldn't work. She had to do something to make Blaze feel more welcome and safe.

But what? And why did she feel like someone was watching her?
And that's the end of this chapter. I know it's a little plain, but I wasn't sure how to fit more into it. Oh well, I'll try to make the next one more interesting!
🦦