Chapter 12

"Of course, that's it!" Blaze exclaimed. She was once again in the Ice Palace, sitting beside Glacier.
They'd decided to have another meeting, and Blaze wore a thick coat of some sort of animal. It looked black and fluffy, quite odd.
"Yes, what is it?" Glacier asked, her eyes darting from the scrolls she was reading.
"Do you know Jeroba? That animus Sandwing in the stories? Maybe she can help!" Blaze explained, gesturing with her claws.
"Ummm, please explain. Blaze you know that's an old tale, and that Jeroba's been dead, she has to be," Glacier said, starting to loose her patience.
What is Blaze finds out my secret? But... if I'm her ally, I need to tell her.
Glacier took a deep breath. "Blaze, I have to tell you something. It's about Jeroba, err, more like Jeroba II."
Blaze had a puzzled look, her eyes looking at Glacier carefully.
"I'll explain it on the way to the rainforest." Glacier said, trying to push away the awkwardness in the ice room.
Some time later...
Glacier was waiting outside of the ice palace, wearing her tanzanite necklace and some dark amethyst earrings.
Blaze walked out, along with a handful of Icewing and Sandwing soldiers.
Well... seems like there won't actually be any alone time for me to talk to Blaze.
Blaze had a thick coat of some animal again, and seemed to be freezing.
"I'm sorry Princess Blaze, would you like another coat?" An Icewing guard asked.
"Excuse me!" Queen Glacier objected, her calculated eyes glaring at the Icewing soldier. "You will call her Queen Blaze. That's an order."
The Icewing soldier nodded his head vigorously, and bowed down low.
The group of dragons continued on, without many problems. At one point, Blaze had found an arctic fox and wanted to name him.
Glacier had sighed and shook her head. Needless to say that Blaze didn't end up getting the Arctic fox.
Eventually, the group finally got to the rainforest.
"Now, follow my orders, and you should be safe. Rainwings are lazy, so even if they were to see us they wouldn't mind. However, you must look out for any harmful plants." Glacier warned.
The dragons followed Glacier, carefully watching where they were going.
Leaves rustled and the noises of birds cawing over and over again rang throughout the forest.
"It's warmer here, but so... green. All of these plants, with no warm sand," Blaze said. Her diamond earrings were hitting the light of the sun and reflecting onto green leaves.
Woah... she's so beautiful...
"Umm, your majesty?" A Sandwing soldier asked from behind the group.
Blaze turned around. "Yes, what is it?"
"Well, it seems like we're here," he responded. He had dark sandy scales, and even darker ruffles.
"Oh yes, of course. Now, all of you will wait outside of this hut, and surround the perimeter. If anything dangerous comes, make sure to fight and send one soldier here to us," Glacier ordered.
The dragons nodded and went to their spots.
"Are you ready?" Glacier asked Blaze nervously. Blaze just nodded, her eyes full of excitement.
Glacier knocked on the tan door made out of wood.
Both dragons heard some shuffling, and then the door opened.
Behind it, was Jeroba II. She had pale yellow scales and seemed to have an elegant walk to her. Her wings had light brown triangle patterns.
"Queen Glacier, what a pleasure. I see you've brought a friend," Jeroba II. She didn't seem all that pleased though.
Glacier and Blaze walked inside. The hut seemed a little messy, but like a cluttered mess.
"Well, what can are you here for?" Jeroba II asked, still seeming sour.
"Well, this is Princess Blaze. I'm sure you've heard of Queen Oasis," Glacier started. Jeroba II nodded, gesturing to a scroll labeled The Sandwing War.
Blaze seemed to get more nervous at this point. Glacier shuffled closer to her, trying to offer support.
"Hmm, I see that not only a war has been happening, has it?" Jeroba II asked, looking at Glacier and Blaze's tails that were almost touching.
"W-well that isn't what we're here about!" Glacier stammered, trying to keep her cool. "We need something for the war. I know that you don't like using your magic, but we need some help."
"Well, you know what I feel about animus magic... I'll only help you with two things. Nothing more, nothing less. Use it wisely." Jeroba responded, her eyes studying Blaze's face.
"Oh, oh! A magical necklace for me please!" Blaze said enthusiastically.
"No, no, not that. What about... a tool that will help us in battle," Glacier said thoughtfully.
Jeroba seemed intrigued.
After some back and forth discussion, the three dragons had decided on a knife that immediately kills the dragon it stabs.
"I can't make you win the war, obviously, I would never do that. Yet I hope you can accept this staff, and leave," Jeroba said.
Well she's cheerful.
They walked out, thanking Jeroba. Blaze help onto the knife, which looked silvery, with some sapphire on the handle.
Flying away, Glacier took in a deep breath of arctic air.
"I missed you Blaze, and I wish I would stay with you forever," Glacier whispered to Blaze.
Blaze intertwined her tail with Glacier'a, hoping that they were high enough for their guards to not see.
Woahhhh idk how I feel about this chapter. A little odd. But I don't have time to edit it now because of more school. Really quick, I was planning on answering some questions some of you may have. You can message me privately or just comment on this.
Stay safe!
🦦🦦🦦