Chapter 9

3 days had passed since Blaze had been injured.

Glacier visited her often, and they became more and more comfortable with one another.

The blizzard was finally over, and Blaze walked out, spreading out her sandy yellow wings. It was cold, but the sun was at the top of the sky, shining brightly.

Blaze would still take out a warm coat with her almost everywhere, especially outside. Today was no exception.

I seem to forget every day how beautiful she is, Glacier thought to herself. Blaze glanced at her, and Glacier looked away. She felt her cold face turning warm.

"Hey Glacie, who knew that the ice could make me look even lovelier!" She said beaming. Blaze wore emerald earrings and a matching emerald necklace.

"Don't you feel so... naked without many jewels on?" Blaze asked incredulously.

"Ha, well I haven't always been much of a queen that wears jewels. Nothing looks that well on me." Glacier said, looking at a family of polar bears.

Blaze gasped. "Nonsense! We should go to the market. Or maybe a fancy jewelry store!"

"Well, there is this one place..." Glacier said thoughtfully.
This is gonna be fun
Half an hour later...
The dragons landed in front of market tent. It was a little smaller than the other tents. It had a sign that said World Jewels.

An old Icewing stood behind the table. He had a bright gray body, and very dark wings. His eyes were an odd yellow color; something no Icewings had.

"Oh my POLAR BEARS! Glacier is that you?! Well, it's Queen Glacier isn't it? What brings you to my shop?" He asked excitedly. He glanced at Blaze.
"And who is THIS?! I love any of Glacier's new friends!"

"Hehe, my name is Blaze, Princess Blaze of the Sandwing Kingdom. And I just LOVE jewels! They make me even more beautiful!" She said, standing regally.

Well played Blaze. That's why I fell in l-. Snarling polar bears I have to control my thoughts. Glacier pull yourself together!

"Ha! I like this one." The old Skywing told Glacier. "My name is Spike, by the way. What can I get these royal dragons?" Spike said, gesturing to his table of jewels.

"Hmmm, well Glacie- I MEAN Queen Glacier," Blaze corrected her self sheepishly. "She needs much more jewels. Of course she won't outshine me but who knows?!"

Spike chuckles, and opened a few boxes of jewelry.

Glacier's eyes widened as she saw an assortment of amethysts, opals, diamonds, and even moonstones.

"Woahhhhhh, this. Is. So. Beautiful! I didn't know you could get white gold, and that pearl, wowwww!" Blaze said, her eyes lighting up.

She so cute when she does that.

Spike looked at Glacier with a type of look. The kind that said "so this is the special dragon?"

"Glacier! Glacier! This one is magnificent!" Blaze exclaimed, her black eyes filled with excitement.

"Ah, the tanzanite necklace. You can see that the necklace isn't big and flashy, and the chain isn't too long either. The tanzanite is beautiful if you let it bounce off the walls of your palace." Spike explained, gesturing Glacier to pick it up.

She held it in her talons, and saw that it had pieces of tanzanite around the necklace. It wasn't to flashy, just like Glacier liked it.

"Here, I'll put it on you," Blaze offered. She unclasped it, and clicked it on Glacier. Glacier felt the heat of Blaze's breath on her neck, and felt chills run through her spine.

Blaze's claws lingered, she seemed lost in thought.

"My, my! You look wonderful my queen!" Spike said, his yellow eyes bright.

They paid for the necklace- luckily at a discount- and flew back to the palace.

"Just one question Glacie, why didn't he bow or anything? Wasn't that rude?" Blaze asked, holding on to her coat.

"I knew Spike back when I was a dragonet. He was my care taker, and so kind. Yet, he found his true calling in jewelry. I still visit him when I can, and I'm not bitter that he left. In fact, I was almost ready to be queen at that time," Glacier explained.

She felt so much more comfortable with Blaze compared to when she first met her.

If only I could tell her. Maybe we'd live happily after all...

They arrived at the palace, content and blushing.
Thx to everyone who reads this story and even votes! This is an awesome yet underrated ship! Also the picture at the top of this chapter is the tanzanite necklace Glacier got. Stay safe!
🦦🦦🦦