Together

Continued.

Sam came back to her conversation, pulling her jacket off and dropping it to her bag. "That's crazy," Sam mumbled, thinking about Elora. She was apparently one of his first victims. So, he thankfully never penetrated her, he just touched her and made her touch him. Which sucked, but the psychological trauma would be a little better on her than her mother. She was five, so getting her in therapy, will make sure her nightmares subside to, hopefully, none.

"I'm sorry, you have kids, you probably don't want to hear about this. How is," Andrea leaned in, "the little?" She asked. Sam hadn't told their bosses about the baby, yet. She wanted to go as long as possible so she had less to do when she came back. The girls had a two year long contract and Sam was itching to get back.

"I don't know. I still haven't gone to the doctors. The symptoms are getting worse, so they must still be growing," Sam shrugged, taking a sip of water.

"When do you plan on going?" Andrea asked. Sam shrugged. Her unborn child was the least of her worries. She was more concerned with sending her kids to school, worried that her son's teacher may try something when taking him to the bathroom, or her daughter's teacher cornering them in an empty room. The only people she trusted were her family, the SIX girls, the Hive workers, and Naomi. They are the only ones that have been with her kids since they moved to New York. The only ones who have proven to be safe without a doubt.

"Umm, sometime this week," she rushed. "I have to go to talk to Roberta. I will catch up with you," Sam said, leaving her friend, abruptly.

-

Matt sat in his office combing through his work when in waltz Jill. "Hey, not today. Sam is becoming really sensitive to smells and I almost got caught the other day," Matt said. Jill plopped on the couch and waved him off.

"Don't worry Matty Boy. I'm not here to smoke. I'm here to talk," she said. Matt looked up, looked to his open door, then back to Jill. She kicked the door shut and cleared her throat. "I heard what happened. How's Elora?" Jill asked. Matt shook his head.

"She's sleeping. She's playing. Nothing out of the ordinary. I don't think she even understands what happened. I think she just knows that what happened was something she saw mommy and daddy do, which she knows she's not supposed to," Matt replied. Jill's eyebrows met her hairline.

"You or her?" She asked. Matt uncomfortably shifted, remembering that day.

"Elora saw Sam..." he trailed off. "And Ellanie saw me... to Sam," Matt answered.

"Double whammy! Both of your girls have seen you and Sam getting freaky! And your son has heard the whole gambit! I suggest you two get a better schedule," Jill chuckled. Matt glared at her, forcing her to back down. "But, uhh in all seriousness, let me and Nina know if you need anything. We are here for you," Jill said. Matt nodded and started to go back to work.

10 AM

At school Elora, Revalee, and Ellanie did their work at their rounded table, when Payton finally entered and headed to her assigned seat. "Why did your daddy hurted Elora and Jessie?" Jack asked, continuing to color his paper. The girls looked over to the table, Payton dropping her head. "Did your daddy hurted you, too?" He asked. Ms. Cookie finally stepped in.

"Jack, new subject," she firmly reprimanded. Payton looked to Elora, then back to her paper. Elora got up from her seat and walked over to the neighboring table where Jack and Payton sat.

"Can I use your yellow? Ours doesn't work anymore," she asked, pushing her long, dark ponytail over her shoulder. Payton nodded handing her the color she needed. As far as kids went, that was as good as a friendship bracelet.

12:35 PM

Sam finished picking at her lunch, and pulled her hair into a ponytail. She watched everyone engage in conversations, when a bird hit the window. Before she could think, Sam was out of her seat and halfway to the wall. Knowing her history, no one said a word or made a big deal out of it. Her heart raced for a moment, her breath going heavy.

"Friend," Britt whispered, bringing Sam back to one. Sam jerked back to her friend. "Hey, we've got thirty minutes. You wanna run to the store with me?" Britt asked. Sam looked back at the quiet table and nodded grabbing her purse.

-

Walking down the sidewalk, Britt pushed her phone into her pocket. "Sam, are you okay?" Britt asked. Sam shook her head.

"I'm drowning," Sam whispered. "Elora, came home the other week with new clothes on because during nap time she wet her cot," she said. "She has nightmares every night, but I think the trauma of the police did more than the molestation." Tears dripped down Sam's cheeks.

"Mama, you need a vacation," Britt suggested.

"I need a break!" She broke down, leaning against the CVS building. "If it's not one thing, it's another! I get raped. My child gets molested. I get pregnant again even though my husband has a vasectomy. And worst of all, I think my husband is cheating on me," she sobbed. Britt's eyes went wide.

"Matt? Why would you think that?" Brittney asked, taking Sam's hand's into hers.

"When I told him about the pregnancy, he accused me of cheating. Then this weekend I found a condom wrapper in the trash when I was looking for Zeek's toy. He hid it in the kid's bathroom," Sam yelled. "We haven't had sex in two weeks! So, while I was dealing with our daughter's issue, he was fucking some bitch in my house!" Sam yelled. She didn't care about the crazy stares she was getting. She already looked like a fool to anyone who knew her husband was no longer her's.

10:08 PM

Matt came in the house to see it was dark. There was no trace of the kids or Sam. "Babe?" Matt called. No response. "Ella! Ellie! Zeekie!" Nothing.

-

"No, I haven't seen her since rehearsal. Try Gene?" Britt asked. She heard a sigh before a 'thank you'. The line went dead and Britt turned back to her friend at her kitchen table.

"I'm sorry to put you in the middle but I need to think and I can't do that, with him hovering over me," Sam said. The kids were asleep in the spare room, while Sam took a deep breath.

"You know you and the babies are always welcomed here," Britt assured. Sam pulled the band of her leggings under her tight stomach. She was bloated and exhausted. "Go get some sleep, friend. We have a long day tomorrow and you're going to need all the energy you can muster," Britt said. Sam dropped her head and got up from the table. The friends shared a hug and took a deep breath. "We've got this," Britt said.

To Be Continued.