Responsible

(Sam is 18 Weeks and 3 Days)

Monday June 16th 2025

8:36 AM

The kids sat at the kitchen table, eating breakfast while the adults got ready for the big day. "You can't give Ginger a waffle!" Ellanie yelled, catching Gene's attention as she put up the new baby banner.

"I gave Ginger a waffle," Zeek smirked. Rolling her eyes, Gene looked at the corner to see her sister's dog eating half of a waffle that she'd made that morning.

"Mommy!"

"Ella, calm down. It's okay. Ginger is fine," Gene said. "Let mommy get dressed." Regina came down from the latter and stepped back. Her banner looked good, and the backdrop was exactly what her sister wanted. They were having a gender reveal party after the official reveal at the theater, and Gene was in charge of the house party.

8:48 AM

Sam walked out of the back in a white body con dress to show off her bump, and sandals to show off her nails. Her hair was softly curled and pinned back to show off her light beat. "Wow, mommy. You look pretty," Elora smiled, looking up from her iPad.

"Thank you, baby," Sam smiled. "Alright guys, daddy and I are off to the doctors office to find out if you're getting a brother or a sister. Listen to GG, she is bringing you to the theater later. Girls, please don't get your leggings dirty, Zeek no eating after you get dressed," Sam warned. The girls had similar outfits to Sam's with white dresses and blue and pink bows and white leggings. Zeek's outfit matched Matt's with a white V-Neck and blue jeans.

"Mommy, can GG curl me and Ellie's hair like yours?" Ellanie asked, pushing her now, curtain bangs behind her ears. Sam shrugged, pecking her children's heads.

"I don't care. But you both have to ask her if she will, for yourselves," Sam said. She was trying to teach her kids to be able to advocate for themselves, especially since her son was going into first grade and her girls were going to second grade, but with separate teacher's. She'd already started them on the separation path, by having them in different swim classes, and activities so they can fully gain their independence from one another.

"Okay! Hey GG!" Ellanie yelled, running across the couch and jumping onto the floor towards the kitchen.

"Matt! Let's go!" Sam said, grabbing the keys to Matt's car and heading towards the semi circle driveway.

10 AM

Sam and Matt left the doctors appointment and headed straight to Andrea's apartment. "I want to peek so badly!" Sam said, glancing at the envelope in her husband's hand. Matt tucked the envelope down his shirt and smirked to his wife.

"No! I have been waiting for confetti cannons for seven hours, and you will not ruin that," He said, folding his arms over his chest. Sam rolled her eyes and let out a groan.

"You suck," she mumbled, making her way to her best friend's house to drop off the letter.

10:45 AM

The theater was well lit as if there was a show going on, but the house was filled with friend's and family of Sam and Matt, ranging from Jill to Shoshana Bean. Even Toby and Lucy flew out to be there. Sam walked into the theater, her kids running to her in their outfits. "Mommy, I got ponytail," Zeek smiled, showing off the slicked back hairstyle his aunt had given him.

"I see. Are you ready to see what the baby is?" Sam asked, picking her son up, putting him on her hip, and walking down the aisle towards the stage. Zeek nodded, and wiggled his way down, to run to his friend's. "Oh okay, bye," Sam called, making Matt chuckle.