Equipped

(Sam is 17 Weeks and 4 Day)

Tuesday June 10th 2025

8:22 PM

Sam sat on Elora's bed, tucking her child in. "Alright, Lo, you took your medicine, you have your Walrus, did you go potty?" Sam asked. Elora nodded. "What about you, Ella?" Sam called, unable to see her child on the top bunk.

"Yes," she sighed.

"Good. Daddy will be in here in the morning to change your bandages, because I have to pick Zeek up from GG's, so I won't see you until after piano," Sam informed, earning a pout from her middle daughter. The five year old picked at her blanket. "Look at me, Lo," Sam whispered leaning down and lying next to her baby, careful not to touch her incisions. "It's okay. I know it's been you and me for the last few days and you're used to it. But, guess what? Daddy, is going to be here. And he is just as fun," Sam tried. She could see through the dimly lit room that her daughter was crying. "Awe, Lo," she whispered with a small chuckle, wiping her child's face and pecking her cheek, "it's okay. Mommy will be here after your lesson. I swear," Sam said, pecking her child's cheek, once more.

"Mommy, sleep with me," Elora whined. Sam knew that trying to sleep on her child's full sized bottom bunk was going to force her to make a chiropractor appointment as soon as she woke up. However, with the new baby coming she had no idea when she was going to be able to stay in the bed with her kids.

"Fine. Let me go change and I'll be back," Sam said, getting up careful for not hit her head on the metal railing.

-

Sam stood beside the bed, taking off her jewelry and flicking her hair out of her t-shirt. "Your daughter wants me to sleep with her, so I'll see you in a few hours when she's out," Sam said. Matt smirked and grabbed her arm as she walked towards their door.

"Or you could stay here and sleep with me," he smirked. Sam playfully yanked her hand away and smacked it back to him.

"I'm too pregnant for this. For all of this," she giggled. Matt flicked his hand out smacking my her ass as she walked out. "Nope, that's not happening. Goodnight," she smiled, heading out of the room.

1:24 AM

Sam sat up in her daughters bed, exhausted. Her boobs were in a constant state of pain and all Elora wanted to do was sleep on her chest. Her back was killing her without her pillow top mattress and the girls room was a hot mess. Literally. The girls couldn't sleep with out a heater on and Zeek had to have a fan on him.

Carefully, Sam slid out of the bed and made her way out of the stuffy room, getting instant relief hitting the living room. She quietly went to her bedroom and shut the door to see Matt up and on his computer. "What are you doing?" Sam asked, crawling into bed next to her man and stripping out of her t-shirt to sit in her sports bra.

"Just looking at some old baby pictures," He said, showing her a photo of Zeek at 1, playing in the sand at his first beach trip. "Do you remember when we drove to the beach with the kids and Zeek cried the entire time?" Matt asked. Sam nodded with a chuckle. It wasn't funny in the moment, but now it was.

"Yeah. I had to crawl into the back and breastfeed him the entire time," Sam recalled. "That was so rough! I had just started weening him and all of that progress ruined. I was miserable that whole trip!" She said, as Matt laughed.

"Yup and you're about to have to do it again," Matt smiled, leaning into her shoulder and poking her stomach.

"No, I am not. We are bottle feeding. I've already ordered the silicone bottles," Sam said, referring to her favorite brand Comotomo. Matt had no disagreements. He saw how hard it was for Sam to physically breastfeed, so he was fine with whatever she chose.