14th Restriction

Green

Hugh and I have been on this silent treatment, since I saw them like a freaking couple in the hallway.

Oh baka ako lang?

"Leigh." Umakto akong parang walang narinig as I walked on the hallway towards our room while 'scrolling' on my iphone. It's been a week since the intramurals ended and it's now the 3rd quarter of our year.

"Vaughn!" Napaangat ang aking tingin and saw Jane running towards Hugh. Agad na kumalat ang pait sa aking sistema. Umuna akong pumasok sa classroom and continued scrolling on my social media feed. I reacted heart on Karsyn's display profile, where she has won the Miss Intramurals, na ngayon ay 1.2k reacts na. We even celebrated at her house nung nanalo siya.

Iba talaga ang kamandag ng isang Miss Pascua.

In my peripheral vision, I saw Hugh sitting on his chair. I then felt him poke my side, nilingon ko siya as my right eyebrow raised.

Ako na naman kasi wala na ang Jane mo? Kuyaw.

Di niya natuloy ang kanyang sasabihin when Ma'am Castillo went inside as the bell rang. She then started discussing with the third quarter lesson.

The bell rang, it's snacks time. Tumayo ako at maglalakad na sana when Hugh held my left wrist. Napatingin ako sa kamay niyang nakahawak sa pulsuhan ko, before I can opened my mouth to talk.

"Vaughn!" Hindi tiningnan ni Hugh si Jane, he keeps on looking at me, analyzing my reaction. Napintas naman ang pasensya ko ng marinig ko ang nakakarinding boses ni Jane. Marahas kong hinila ang kamay ko mula sa pagkakahawak niya at agad na lumabas ng classroom. Nakita ko namang tumayo si Mika at sumunod sa akin.

Meron na ngang 'Dollyuh', may Jane pang sumisingit. Taenang buhay.

I went to the rooftop garden of the school. I just want to breathe, away from all the people that makes me emotional. Umupo ako sa isang mahabang upuan na nakalagay doon. Pumasok naman si Mika sa pintuan ng rooftop, I then felt her sat down beside me. Out of nowhere, she suddenly opens her arms wide. I sadly looked at Mika's eyes, as she looked at me in a comforting way. I hugged her and just stayed on her arms, she then patted my back gently. Mika's always here to comfort me.

"You, okay now?" After minutes of hugging me, she calmly talked. Hindi kami pumasok sa sumunod na subject. Para naman kaming walang pakialam, at least we experienced cutting classes.

"Nah." It's my emotions, specifically my feelings that I can't name.

"What you're feeling Dan, is jealousy." Dahan-dahan kong inangat ang ulo ko mula sa kanyang yakap. She softly smiled as she tucked some loose hairs on the back of my ear.

Jealousy?

"That green monster inside of you, gets overly irritated if a girl gets close to him, your heart clenches in pain if he smiles at her. And all you want is for that girl, to get lost. Like, it's your biggest block, but at the same time it's also your trigger. Where it makes you realize the unknown feelings, that you yourself don't know. There's always a thing that you can't deny, Dana, dahil sarili mo mismo ang magkakaila sayo. We just can't... lie to ourselves." Malamyos ang boses ni Mika as she talked with so many emotions in her eyes, as she watched the trees swayed, along with the wind. She then looks at me with a sad smile, as though she remembered something.

Did she experience something familiar?

"So, instead of keeping it to yourself, how about you tell him? Kasi Dana, mahirap ang magselos at masaktan, lalo na't alam mong wala ka namang karapatan." Gulat ko siyang tiningnan dahil may parte sa akin ang tinamaan.