28th Restriction

Engineer

"U-Uh, sorry about that, I was... it was just a mannerism of mine." She quickly removes her hand and hides it on her back. Feeling very shy I guess, she gaves me an awkward smile.

"N-No. I'm sorry, too."

I excused myself when she took her ringing phone out of her pocket. She politely nodded as she walked past me to answer the phone. While on the other hand, I continued my way towards the meat section.

"Can I have a tong po?" I asked one employee.

He immediately gives me one as I choose what I want and place it inside a plastic. Pumili na rin ako ng iba pa. Chorizo would be nice, too.

On my right peripheral vision someone went beside me. "Really, Kuya? So uhm, I will buy pork ha. Okay, okay bye." Nilingon ko ito and it was the girl. She gave me again a cute smile when she saw me looking. I faked a smile as I have this bitter taste in my mouth when she mentions the word 'Kuya'.

So, she has a brother. I once had mine too, which turned into a bitter memory. I crinkle my nose with the thought.

"Hi, uhm. Alam mo ba kung saan ang sariwa dito? Hindi kasi ako marunong pumili eh." I helped her chose and place it on a plastic where it was weighed down by the crew at nilagyan ng price tag.

When she received the pork she happily smile at me. "Thank you very much! Papunta ka na bang counter?" I nodded. "Sabay na tayo?" I smiled.

I'm really not that talkative lalo na't kakilala pa lamang. But she's different, habang naglalakad kami papuntang counter, I noticed how friendly and carefree she is.

I missed being like that... kasama siya.

"Bye!" She cheerfully raise her hand and waves at me as she walked on the opposite direction, whereas nasa harapan na ako ng nakapark kong kotse. Kumaway ako pabalik at binuksan ang likod ng sasakyan para ilagay ang lahat na pinamiling groceries.

When I'm inside the car, that's when I remembered I didn't even know her name. I would like to meet her again, such a pure soul she is.

Pagkauwi, I cooked my breakfast which are just fried eggs and hotdogs. Nagpainit ako ng tubig para mainit kong maiinom ang kape. Habang naghihintay na matapos, I went to get my phone from my room. I checked it and finally a text from Carter notified.

Carter: Okay, where will it be?

I immediately typed my reply.

Me: At Starbucks, this 10:00 am. Will it be alright?

Carter: Okay, I'll get ready. I love you.

Natigilan ako sa nabasa, maliit na ngiti ang makikita sa labi. He would always say he loves me only in texts, but I appreciate it very much. I was about to type my reply when I heard the kettle's blow. Nagmamadali ko itong tinakbo and turned the gas stove off.

I ate my breakfast and did the chores. I was vacuuming in my living room when I saw it's almost 10. Nagmamadali akong naligo at naghanda. I just wore a black blouse with lace sleeves that reached below my elbows, gray pencil skirt na hanggang itaas lang ng tuhod, a pair of black 5 inches stilettos and black dior handbag. I planned that after Carter and I had our talk, didiritso na lamang ako sa hospital.

I then went down the basement and rode the car towards the location of the place. Pagkarating, I parked the car sa gilid kung saan pwedeng ma-park, I then went inside the shop after. Nilibot ko ang aking mga tingin sa paligid at nakitang wala pa si Carter.

I took a spot na hindi kalayuan ng shop's counter. Hindi muna ako mago-order since I'm still full and that would be rude. While waiting for him, I got my iphone and decided to dial my secretary's phone number to inquire about the hospital's management.