Chapter One

I wake up to my alarm clock screaming at me to wake up. "I'm up!" I yell at the alarm clock throwing it across the room. "You know that's why you have to buy a new one every day right?" I look at the source of the voice. It's my Floofic. A little furry fluff ball that sits on your shoulder and talks to you. Zodiacis gray and yellow. "You know what Zodiac? I don't care." "Whatever." Zodiac hops on my shoulder and purrs. I reach up and rub his head.
  "You should cut your bangs so they dont cover your eyes." "I can see just fine." "Well can you at least feed me." "Food. Food. Food. If you weren't so cute I'd ignore you." I complain. I go into my closet and grab my favorite sweater. Zodiac hops off my shoulder and I pull on my sweater.
  I search my closet until I find a dark blue hoodie. I pull it on and walk into the kitchen and pull out some cat food from the top cupboard. "Here ya go." I pour it into Zodiac's bowl. "Thanks." He says in between bites.
  I grab some pizza from the fridge and toss it into the microwave. By the time my pizza is heated Zodiac is done eating and back on my shoulder. Can I have some?" "You just ate." "Yeah. Can I please have a pepperoni slice?" He looks at me with sad eyes. "Fine." I tear off a slice and hand it to him. "Thanks."
  I sit on the couch and turn on the TV. "News,competition,cooking show,and a dog show." "I hate dogs." "You do not." I argued. "Yeah I do!" I sigh. "Whatever." We settle on a TV series about a cat. "I want to be like that cat!" "Why?" "He's cool!" I shake my head and smile.
  I get up to put my plate in the sink. Zodiac sits on the couch eyes glued to the TV. I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I look in the mirror and study my features. Dark blue hair and tan skin is really all you say to describe me because I hide my eyes behind my bangs.
  I grab my toothbrush and brush my teeth listening to Zodiac laughing and yelling at the TV. "Silly Floof." I mutter. I walk back just as Zodiac yells at the TV. "WHAT?! I'M SUPPOSED TO WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?! THAT'S NOT FAIR!"
  "Chill Zodiac it won't be that long." He just looks at me. I roll my eyes even though he can't see it. "Will it help if I brush you?" "Yes!" Zodiac loves being brushed. He hops on my shoulder and I walk back to the bathroom. I start looking for the brush under the sink. "Alex?" "I'm looking." "Alex." "I said I'm looking." I say getting agitated.
  "ALEX!" "WHAT?!" I shoot up from my kneeling position and Zodiac digs his little nails in so as not to fall. "Look." I look in the mirror and see a glitchy black figure standing in the mirror. I immediately pull out my pocketknife and stab the mirror.