Chapter Forty

When I walk outside I instantly like the weather. Dark clouds. Zodiac is on my shoulder. He was surprised when he saw me without my hair covering eyes. He actually thought I was possessed.
  I check the time. 3:45 p.m. Jordan was supposed to show up around this time. He hasn't seen me in four years. Will he even recognize me?
  "Worried?" I jump as Chris seems to appear beside me. "Yeah. Jeez give a man a warning before you do that." He just shrugs. "You're showing your eyes." He sounds way less happy then yesterday.
  "Yeah. You're right." He smiles at me and I see his personality return. "Sorry if I've been mean. Just. Alot has happened and I honestly don't know how to process it." I place a hand on his shoulder.
  "It's fine." I see someone approaching me. He has red dyed hair but more importantly he has green eyes. Those green eyes. I run over to him.
  "Jordan?" He fixes his gaze on me. His face splits into a grin. "Alex! You. You look. Amazing." The way he says my name with his accent sounds so cool. I smile. "Jordan this is Chris. He moved here about a year ago. He has a coffee shop. Something he's always wanted. And he can make a killer latte."
  I add that last part as a joke, but it's also kind of true. Jordan extends his hand. "Hi." Chris looks at his hand. "Chris are you okay?" I ask. All of a sudden he screams at Jordan and launches himself onto him. Jordan tries to back away but Chris starts clawing at Jordan's eyes. He holds Chris off as much as he can.
  "Alex does your friend need to go to the hospital?" He asks me. I shake my head. "He's never acted like this before!" I know personally how strong Jordan is. He may look like he's slightly built but he's pretty strong. But the way Chris is attacking him I don't know how long he can keep him away.
  I grab Chris's waist and try to pry him away from Jordan. "Why do you want to claw out my friend's eyes?!" I scream at him. "Because!" His voice has changed from Chris to something else.
  His voice is low and threatening. "He's you're ex boyfriend! I want to kill him!" "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I scream. Chris turns to look at me and I let go of his waist surprised.
  His eyes are completely black. No pupil,no iris,no white. Just black. Jordan sees it too. "Why does Chris have completely black eyes?!" He asks me. "I don't know." But I think I do. I didn't just bring Chris home.

I brought a monster home.