Chapter Twenty Nine

The monster turns to leave the room. I glance over at Frost and see he's waking up thank god the monster is leaving. Of course I don't think I believe in God anymore.
After the monster leaves I go to get up and check on Frost but my legs won't obey me. So I crawl over to him. I touch his arm and he looks at me. "Why are you crawling?" "My legs won't work."
He stands up,grabbing my arms and drags me up with him. I can't work my legs so I fall into his arms. "Okay I'm carrying you." "What? No I'm f-" I get picked up and held close to him.
"Just allow me to carry you." I roll my eyes even tho he can't see. "Like I have a choice my legs are useless." I say. He laughs and I place a hand on his chest.
Instead of it being like the other monster chests I feel something. Something beating against his chest. And I realize. He has a heart. I gasp and Frost looks at me.
"What?" I smile. "You have a heart." He blushes and I blush for embarrassing him. Why am I flirting with my fear monster? I shrug off that question.
I close my eyes and lean my head against his chest.

Four years ago

  Hearing that gunshot. I can't I just can't. At some point Jordan is beside me. "Alex?! Are you okay?! Of course you're not okay! You're banged up." He pulls out his phone and calls what I assume is 9-1-1.
  He starts talking but I can't hear him. My head hurt so much. I close my eyes and someone shakes me. I groan and open my eyes to glare at the person who shook me.
  It's Jordan. I wanna kill him. He gives me a look and I stop glaring at him. The ambulance arrives and takes me back to the hospital.

  I open my eyes to see Frost standing completely still. I slide my eyes away from him and see the monster looking at us. "Whatever you do don't move." I say trying not to move my lips.

I'm not...

What the hell?! Get out of my HEAD!

Not my fault.

  I roll my eyes even though he can't see it.

I know you're rolling your eyes.

Shut up.

  He stops talking to me telepathically. The monster still hasn't moved and I start to feel worried.

How long can you stay still like this?

A little longer.

How long?

Not very...

Great.