Part 3

"Hubby wake up hmm? Chaengie wake up please...Chaeyoung..CHAEYOUNG!"

Jennie bolted up, panting, "that damn nightmare again." She groaned, running her fingers through her hair.

It's been 5 years since the incident but for Jennie, every time she shuts her eyes, it's as if she lost her again, Park Chaeyoung, her fiancé.

"I wonder when I'll ever move on from you.." Jennie looked at the photo of them on her nightstand.

Ever since Chaeyoung died, Jennie has gotten colder and fiercer on the outside, but on the inside she's broken. It's mornings like this when Jennie allows herself to wallow in the past.

"I'll never be vulnerable and weak ever again. I won't allow my heart to feel the pain of loss again." This is the vow Jennie made a month after Chaeyoung's funeral, but she couldn't keep it. Because everyday she feels the pain of her loss. Vulnerable to the memories of them, weak with the thought of her.

The taller girl was the love of her life. Chaeyoung was her everything, and she was taken away from her in a snap. She didn't even get a chance to say goodbye...all that she saw was her lovely girl, laying in the casket, and Jennie wished she was dreaming. Wishes that Chaeyoung was still with her.

Entering her office, Jennie was surprised to find her usual coffee and bagel on her desk still hot.

"Seems like my new secretary has started." Jennie smirked, taking a sip of the coffee, surprised by it's taste, "hmm this tastes better than usual. For now they get a pass."

Once you lose the person you love the most. It changes you.

Earlier that morning

"Okay you got this. New start right?" Lisa smiled at me.

"Yeah new start." I took a deep breath, before stepping out of the car.

"Fighting Rosie!"

"Fighting. Goodluck at the studio." I smiled, before waving goodbye to Lisa.

"Okay Rosie, let's do this." I held my head high as I stepped into the building.

"Hi." I went to one of the receptionists, "I'm Roseanne Park, the new.."

"Ah you must be Ms. Kim's new secretary, she'll be here in less than an hour. Let me get Sejeong here to show you where you'll be working." The woman interrupted me.

"Ah but I'm not.." I tried, but this girl is just not listening.

"Here's a guest badge for now, go quickly. Wouldn't want Ms. Kim to fire you on the first day." the girl joked.

"But I'm.." I tried while she dragged me towards the elevator.

And next thing I knew I was getting a bagel and making coffee for this "Ms. Kim."

"Okay so Ms. Kim usually gets here by 9am, which means you should be here by 8am. She likes to have her coffee and bagel on her desk. Make sure the coffee and bagel are still hot. And.."

I was about to tell Sejeong that I really wasn't the secretary when someone called my name.

"Ms. Park! There you are."

"Ah you must be Nayeon." I recognized her face from our zoom meeting.

"Yes I am. I went down to check if you had checked in and found out that Ryujin thought you were Jen's secretary."